PDA

View Full Version : Adding/Editing Favorites Setting in Printing Properties Bizhub C650

Custom Search

Nick_Sampson
08-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Got one more question if anyone has some insight on this. If I open Printers/Faxes and go into our Bizhub's Printing Preferences I can create custom favorite settings that allow me to pick between how I want my documents to print. I have a custom setting that I created for 2 hole punch top, 3 hole punch left with different cover sheets based on what document I'm printing.

When I open a document I'm trying to create a new Favorite Setting by selecting Print then picking our bizhub then going into the print properties that way and the Add/Edit are greyed out. I have given myself full permissions in the security tab and I still have no luck editing it through the document.

If I log onto the Server that the printer has been installed to I can edit these options both through Print/Fax and by opening a document and editing it that way. It seems the issue I'm having is only related to making settings on a workstation, no matter where I do it on the Print Server i can.

Am I overlooking an Active Directory or File Permission setting somewhere?

Thanks for the help,

Nick Sampson

Nick_Sampson
08-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Got one more question if anyone has some insight on this. If I open Printers/Faxes and go into our Bizhub's Printing Preferences I can create custom favorite settings that allow me to pick between how I want my documents to print. I have a custom setting that I created for 2 hole punch top, 3 hole punch left with different cover sheets based on what document I'm printing.

When I open a document I'm trying to create a new Favorite Setting by selecting Print then picking our bizhub then going into the print properties that way and the Add/Edit are greyed out. I have given myself full permissions in the security tab and I still have no luck editing it through the document.

If I log onto the Server that the printer has been installed to I can edit these options both through Print/Fax and by opening a document and editing it that way. It seems the issue I'm having is only related to making settings on a workstation, no matter where I do it on the Print Server i can.

Am I overlooking an Active Directory or File Permission setting somewhere?

Thanks for the help,

Nick Sampson

In case anybody runs into this question, you need to install the printer drivers locally even if you have the printer set up as a shared network printer on a server.

Once I added the printer locally and added it to the TCP/IP port it's configured for I was able to make the changes via documents.

Custom Search