PDA

View Full Version : konica IP-422 display Printer board failure???

Custom Search

kmcopytech
08-23-2009, 03:33 PM
User serial port to connect computers,
IP422 self test as follows:

=== Power On Self Test ===
Init CPU Reg.
Disable NMI & RTC Int.
Reset Coprocessor.
Wait...
Reset Boot Flag P92.
Disable Shadow.
Init CMOS Memory.
Test Timers.
Start Refresh DRAM.
Check Memory Amount.
Test Base 64KB Memory.
Critical Error!

Don't startup!!!

Any helps???

pepper38_cnd
08-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Remove any additional memory and HDD (Flash Card) if you still have a problem reformat the card with VXWORKS and reload System Code, if you have to format the HDD (card) out side of the unit it must be formatted with FAT not FAT32.

konisolver
08-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Remove the HD (do not re-install you don't need it unless you are storing fonts or forms) re-flash the firmware on the card.

pepper38_cnd
08-24-2009, 05:01 PM
You cannot scan without the HDD, so if you leave it out you will loose that function.

konisolver
08-24-2009, 09:26 PM
The main body hard drive is used for scantrip or box and it helps out for large scanning either via SMB or FTP. The Ip-422 hard drive is only use for font and form holder. It is not require, if you have no other choice and have to keep the hard drive remove the hard drive and install the flash card kit. This will keep your unit from generating "Printer board failures." Get a CF adaper and install a cf card then reformat and you are done.

kmcopytech
08-25-2009, 05:48 AM
Thanks!!!

This isn't a HDD problem !!!

HyperTerminal is display:

=== Power On Self Test ===
Init CPU Reg.
Disable NMI & RTC Int.
Reset Coprocessor.
Wait...
Reset Boot Flag P92.
Disable Shadow.
Init CMOS Memory.
Test Timers.
Start Refresh DRAM.
Check Memory Amount.
Test Base 64KB Memory.
Critical Error!

The system memory test didn't pass !!!

pepper38_cnd
08-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Print the management list and check for error codes 87-XX, if the code is 87-03 it is most likely the Hard Drive CF, all other codes point to extended memory or Corrupt System Code. Your report does not mean the base memory failed, just that the boot was interrupted at that point.

Did you remove the HD and test? Did you reformat with VXWORKS and reload System Code? If you did both of these and you still have issues, try a CF with System Code from a working ip-422 if problem goes away you have a bad CF card.

pepper38_cnd
08-25-2009, 12:59 PM
The main body hard drive is used for scantrip or box and it helps out for large scanning either via SMB or FTP. The Ip-422 hard drive is only use for font and form holder. It is not require, if you have no other choice and have to keep the hard drive remove the hard drive and install the flash card kit. This will keep your unit from generating "Printer board failures." Get a CF adaper and install a cf card then reformat and you are done.

Since this is an IP-422 I am assuming it is installed on a 7022 or a 7130 to the best of my knowledge there is no main body HDD option for these models, and yes there are no scanner functions what soever if it is not installed in the IP

konisolver
08-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Sorry, you are correct(Pepper) the main body does not have a hd. I was thinking about the 7145/IP 432. But I would remove the HDD and install the CF card with adapter 2gb.

apache_cat
08-26-2009, 04:17 AM
I would remove the HDD and install the CF card with adapter 2gb.

Do this and that will be the end of the story.:D

pepper38_cnd
08-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Also the way to format the drive has changed with newer firmware.
printer --> settings--> stop 3069 start.

Custom Search