PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 600 printer set up

Custom Search

cobiray
08-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Ok, here's the back story; had a 600 come into our territory from another dealer and it then went to Delaware, then to Maryland, then back to us after 4 years or so.

Seeing as it's been so long since I set one of these up for printing and scanning compounded by the fact that it's Monday, I'm having a few issues. The machine is on a workgroup of about 3 or 4 laptops. They are all getting their IP assignments from the dsl router with a standard 192.168.1.xxx and 255.255.255.0. I've assigned the 600 192.168.1.100 assuming the 4 laptops will never get an ip that high. The machine is patched down and can be ping'd but I can't get a page printed out or use the browser to bring up the embedded web page.

I know it's going to be something rudimentary and entry level, so be gentle it's Monday. What am I missing?

Jules Winfield
08-24-2009, 09:02 PM
A lot of DHCP servers built into routers start their DCHP range at 192.168.1.100 (or 0.100). The best way to get the printer to work would be to set it to receive an IP address from DHCP and then go into the router settings and reserve the IP it grabs. This is usually done according to MAC address. If you don't want to do that then try a different IP address that is out of DHCP range. Try something over 1.200 (default DCHP range on a lot of routers is 192.168.0.100 - 199 or 192.168.1.100 - 199).

cobiray
08-24-2009, 10:40 PM
All if the laptops had lower (under 100) ip's assigned to them. It's not conflicting at this point as I ping'd the ip before assigning it to the 600 to verify it wasn't in use. When assigned, it can be ping'd. One bit I forgot to mention, the universal driver utility finds the device and it's options correctly. I think I'm lacking in the port config at this point. Can someone refresh my memory as to the port config on the standard controller?

TheOwl
08-25-2009, 03:04 AM
The port config should be as follows (presuming that everything is still factory):

Standard TCP/IP Port
1. IP Address - Is exactly that.
2. Port Name - Can be anything you like, but I prefer to stick to the default name of IP_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (x's are the IP Address)
3. RAW Port - 9100
4. SNMP - Turn this option off if it is enabled.

Hope this helps.

cobiray
08-27-2009, 06:10 PM
I double checked the port settings and they are the generic setup as specified by TheOwl, (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/theowl.html) however still no dice on the printing. I'm begining to wonder about the wiring job. The machine can be ping'd and the universal driver utility finds the machine correctly but I can't get the embedded web page up in the browser. For the non Fiery controller, are there any set up procedures that might have been undone or missed altogether at set up?

backspace
08-27-2009, 09:35 PM
add driver manualy and add ip adres 192.168.1.100

apache_cat
08-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Whenever I have these sorts of problems the first thing I do is hook up my laptop via crossover cable to the printer. Put the laptop in the same range and load a print driver and test print. This straight away rules out network issues.

If it prints via laptop then it has to be a network issue possible same ip being used etc.

If it doesn't print via laptop then I would suspect it has been locked down is some way either by user codes or restrictions on ip ranges.

aidil rashidi
08-28-2009, 02:13 AM
try going into the administrator setting...network setting..ip setting..and check all of the available port...is the port you are using enabled or not?

one other way of going around this is to use the lpr protocol and use 'print' as the queue name.

TheOwl
08-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Try this on both the clients network and a laptop.

1. Start - Run
2. cmd
3. telnet 192.168.1.100 9100
4. You should get a flashing cursor on the screen and nothing else
5. Type anything into the current screen and then click the X to close the prompt

If User Authentication and Account Track is disabled, then you should get a print out of the machine, but you won't if User Authentication or Account track are enabled.

Then main part is that you get to the point of the flashing cursor which means that you are able to connect to the printer.

If this works on a laptop directly connected and not on the clients network, then you know that the network cabling is possibly faulty or there is an IP conflict.

Also, you could try changing the IP adress to something like 192.168.1.254 (if it is free) just to change the machine details.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but the reason the universal driver can probably see the machine is because it is using SNMP to discover the device. As soon as the driver is setup, it is then using TCP/IP to communicate with the machine.

Past all of this, I would then suggest a firmware upgrade to try and kick the MFP board back into gear (which has the NIC integrated into it) and failing that, a new MFP board.

hosman80
08-28-2009, 06:07 PM
i had a similar problem and the machine was missing the print controller option wich is a small board plugged into the overall board, i believe is called ic-202, and it will let you ping the machine but will not let you connect to print. check behind the copier and make sure its there.

Custom Search