PDA

View Full Version : Email Question on bizhub C353

Custom Search

emujo
08-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Set up a new C353 recently with scan to email. Customer's IT rep was unavailable at the time so gave customer access to one of my company's relay servers to accomodate them until they were able to use their own exchange settings. Had no issues for the 2 weeks they used it. Yesterday, the IT rep set the MFP up to use "Net Solutions". This is a web based mail solution and of course the MFP wont send mail at this point. We get a "server connect" error. Any one have any success with this type of setup or any points to look at? Basics settings are correct, DNS info is there (MFP was emailing, no changes other than address of mail server, user name and login) EMujo

apache_cat
08-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Are you using a valid email address as the Administrator email (send from address) maybe this service requires a valid address. Things like a default subject can help get through a spam filter as well.

RyanPacific
08-25-2009, 04:17 PM
You need to check and make sure the new e-mail server is using the same port as the previous one (standard relay [SMTP] is port 25). Also find out if the authentication on the e-mail server is encrypted, since you are using a login I'm assuming the server requires it. Also some web mail services don't allow you to relay mail unless you are logged in with a cookie, which means you can't use an e-mail client or anything else that isn't logged into the website (i.e. the copy machine).

emujo
08-26-2009, 01:58 AM
Those are great suggestions and I will look at all of them and post findings. Thanks for the feedback RP. EMujo

Mr Spock
08-26-2009, 04:24 AM
Check the relay/smtp port that the server is using. I just got an email from my provider that they changed the port due to spam filtering not 80% effective and to help control email worms. And Google has done the same thing (although it is posted on the site what the new port number is).

Also some are using the secure login and not plain like the default is.

udamanatclines
09-08-2009, 11:53 PM
I know for a FACT!!! km machines will not work with net solutions and have spent hours and hours troubleshooting, even had a KMBS Engineer come out. you will not get out of the building unless you are on a gmail or other mail site.

I'll bet the ISP for the place is AT&T.
it seems like that combo (net sol and AT&T) will not work with our machines.

Mr Spock
09-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Also check the firewall settings. At one account the way the email was set up it was sending as a fileshare protocol instead of as smtp which caused the firewall to block it.

emujo
09-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Just a follow up... I could never get the MFP to send mail, weather I use the mail server name, or ip address, I get a server connect error. From the MFP I can ping other workstations, and the router, but nothing outside the intranet. I went to the net solutions login page, and logged in with the credentials supplied by the customer and was successfull. Net solutions did change the port from 25 to 2525 but that is reflected in the email setup page. Customer is not utilizing DHCP and is using public domain servers as their DNS info. Small network with no domain name either. Also as an added bonus, Verizon did some tweaking to their mail servers yesterday (port changes) so I had 1/2 dozen calls for "MFP won't email".

Mr Spock
09-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Also as an added bonus, Verizon did some tweaking to their mail servers yesterday (port changes) so I had 1/2 dozen calls for "MFP won't email".

That is my isp and they sent this email to everyone over 2 weeks ago so they could get ready for it and like most people do they over look it until it becomes the copier guys problem....

Custom Search