PDA

View Full Version : Pagescope Enterprise Suite compatibility

Custom Search

mrwho
08-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Is PSES suitable only for Konica Minolta machines (for copy and print control and the likes)?

Cheers!

aidil rashidi
03-16-2010, 06:22 AM
I'm not an expert in page scope but i have tried it at my customer office. it will recognized any brand of printers and MFPs that support SNMP protocol. at it will usually works fine as long as you can access and do the setting needed on the machines through page scope

TheOwl
03-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Depends on which part of PSES that you trying to use with other equipment. The Netcare Device Manager will talk to any device supporting SNMP (as stated by aidil rashidi) but you will find that the other modules will not.

The other modules of PSES require the use of the OpenAPI interface that Konica Minolta has adopted. For instance, I have a customer that is using the Authentication Manager module with HID cards. Once PSES is setup and managing the machines correctly, the login panel changes so that you can either enter in your AD username and password or swipe your proxy card. Then, depending on the settings within PSES, you can then change the options that are available to each user or groups of users.

PSES is a lot more than just aother WebJet Admin style tool.

Custom Search