PDA

View Full Version : Di5510 w/ Pi7200E mac network install

Custom Search

JtheCopyGuy
08-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Hi,
I have a customer who has a Di5510 running a Pi7200e Fiery. We've connected it to the network and I can utilize the web connect to see the printer and print test pages/config pages. But anytime I install it on any of their Mac machines (mostly running OSX 10.5) it has an issue.
I've been installing via the Control Panel - add printer - IP printer
Give it the IP address and utilize the Fiery X3 driver (from Konica Minolta)
Then configure the options and boom, looks like it's gonna work.
But when I send any printjob to it, it tells me the Printer is Busy. Yet from the web status page it says the printer is Idle.
Im beginning to wonder if the Harddrive isn't dead on the Fiery and therefore is unable to spool print jobs? I'm not getting any errors and I can access the fiery from both console and web connect.
Any outlooks/ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!

pepper38_cnd
08-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Since you can print test pages it is not likely the controller, your driver in OS 10.XX must be installed in the last page of the library where you find all the other drivers. If is is in a folder called KonicaMinolta that was installed by the installer it will not work from there.

buster68
09-03-2009, 04:42 PM
PS/HDD was an option on the 7200e. If its not installed, you can only print with PCL, and as we all know, MAC and PCL don't jive. Look on the config sheet to be certain that you have both PS and PCL available. If it was there once and is no longer, then yeah, you have a crapped out HDD. Install a new one and then reload system software for PS.

ThunderChicken
10-21-2013, 10:18 PM
I am stumped! Just started working for a company that has a bizHub DI5510 copy machine. It was pushed in the corner and not plugged onto the network, they never ever used the network functionality. I plugged it in, and it took me some time to figure how to switch the Soft Dip Switches .... like # 22-0 or something like that, to turn on the IP address field. Then finally got to where I can log onto the network Web Admin page of the machine.

My perplexity is that it won't receive print jobs that I send to it.... acts like there is a miscommunication along the line. I tried different drivers, different OS's... There has got to be another setting on the machine that tells it "Ok I am a printer too! Not just a copier." The manual is confusing. Can anyone point me in the right direction to try some process of elimination?

Objective: To turn on the network printing ability for Di5510 multi-function printer/copier

Steps already done: Set IP Address (Yes I can ping the ip address and see the Web Admin page of the printer)

Other possible issues: Win7 32 bit running several different drivers, yet none getting it to respond at all ... (intuition tells me this is not the issues,,, but I still state it for a possibility)

If anyone understands this machine, I would be thankful for some help.

Custom Search