PDA

View Full Version : Cyan spots everywhere on C500 copies??

Custom Search

Keystone2
08-28-2009, 07:05 PM
We replaced the cyan developer, corona wire assy, toner & installed the 100 K pm kit, too. Getting small, cyan spots that look like little bursts showing up. Also, 1/4" wide streaks top & bottom. The wrench "PM" icon is on the display even though we installed the kit. Do we have to reset the machine?? Could it be the little square foam seal on the cyan unit in the door leaking toner? Also noticed the wiered shaped foam seal has a tear in it.

907tec
08-28-2009, 07:39 PM
we had similar problems on a c451 with little blue "star-burst" patterns showing up on the page. defect was mostly occurring on the bottom edge of copies, and also appeared on the belt. The machine had some history of problems with the toner hopper chutes and imaging unit doors. Tried playing with the foam seals and doors to get some kinda change...nothing. Replaced cyan imaging unit and everything looked great.

...for about 2 months.

the customer had previously managed to snap off the toner door and spring mounts for the k imaging unit, allowing k toner to cloud and contaminate the area. two months after replacing the cyan unit, i get a msg about cloudy and uneven cyan density along the bottom edge. i am still not sure about this one (just finished it a day or two ago), but i believe the k toner was contaminating the neighboring cyan imaging unit and creating defects. After replacing both c and k units, everything has been looking good for the last few days.

stevelz
08-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Had a problem simular to this with a c500 found it to be the web roller unit on the fuser. was not turning correctly and made lines and distributed toner spots randomley on the paper. To check just remove the web roller unit. The machine will run without it. Check your fuser rollers to see if there is any damage to the rollers this may have to be replaced if there are lines on them. The web unit sits on top of the upper fuser roller. so if the unit was not turning correctly then there is a good chance of samage to the upper roller.:)

Keystone2
08-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Had a problem simular to this with a c500 found it to be the web roller unit on the fuser. was not turning correctly and made lines and distributed toner spots randomley on the paper. To check just remove the web roller unit. The machine will run without it. Check your fuser rollers to see if there is any damage to the rollers this may have to be replaced if there are lines on them. The web unit sits on top of the upper fuser roller. so if the unit was not turning correctly then there is a good chance of samage to the upper roller.:)

Steve, thanks for the info & we're checking that right now. What would cause the roller not to turn correctly & is there a fix for that? Being novices, we're trying our best to learn as we go.

stevelz
08-28-2009, 08:59 PM
I called the tech support about this and they said that they didn't know why at the time but the machine will work without the web roller unit. They suggested for me to remove the unit and see if the problem will go away and it did. They said that the cleaning blade pretty much takes the toner off the rollers and there3 should not be any adverse conditions when you do so. Had the unit off for about a year and this machine is at a printers location. he said the first copy might come out a little dusty once in a while but after that it runs fine. This didn't seem to be a problem with the customer because he knows in high production printing, there may be some loss.

Keystone2
08-28-2009, 09:02 PM
What's the easiest way to get to & remove the roller?

stevelz
08-28-2009, 10:11 PM
The web roller is located just under the top of the fuser. a few screws and it's off. The upper fuser roller is a bit more involved.

stevelz
08-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Just a question.... Have you already changed the drum cartridge? that would be part of the 100k pm but you have to order the drum sepretley.

Keystone2
08-28-2009, 10:49 PM
As far as i know, we changed the drum, too.

Custom Search