PDA

View Full Version : km 5510 dropping toner.... again

Custom Search

brent
08-28-2009, 11:25 PM
I know there has been lots of discussion on this topic. but I had something more interesting. at least to me. I have a km 5510 with 1.6m copies. it drops toner out of the dv unint. I have had them drop out of the toner collection side. but not as much on this side. the developer only had 35 k. and I have set all the settings like toner threshold and density to the lowest setting. so I am thinking that the developer is just not holding the toner in. so I just replaced the developer an hour ago. but i am at my witts end on this. is there anything else you guy's can think of to help me on this toner dropping issue? thanks

brent

copytechman
08-29-2009, 12:34 AM
Theres a thread here somewhere about a mod to the dev unit to provide more consistent bias. I'd try that then if necessary replace the dev and run the relevant adjustments.. Partly involves directly connectting the dev bias terminal to the mag shaft (as opposed to going through a "conductive bearing".. do a search for konica 7155 overtoning or dropping toner or 7272.. should be found!

Regards!
A.

Ps.. have applied this to 2 problem machines.. so far so good!

fixthecopier
08-29-2009, 12:34 AM
I can not tell you the bulletin number, but there was a jig that KM would send you that was a piece of plastic to adjust the angle of the mag roller on the box. It may help you, I used to carry one in my wallet.

Custom Search