PDA

View Full Version : PCP1050 Paper flipping on the transport.

Custom Search

angelntx
08-31-2009, 04:36 AM
I've got a 1050 at a print shop. It has about 6M clicks on it. The problem I've been facing as of late is paper flipping at random on the transport. The jam code is J31-02. It did this even after a 750K kit, drum, fuser rebuild, dv restart and tires. I watched the paper run during it's job and what I saw was the paper rising up as it went over the separation discharge wires during 2nd side printing. It wasn't going nor even attempting to go between the drum and cleaning blade unit. It would hit the guide plate under the cleaning unit just past the drum separation claws. It seems to happen when they are doing a 2 sided job. I've replaced the registration gears and have increased the DC separation voltage. It's holding up pretty well but I don't like the idea of increasing the voltages for separation everytime it may jams. Has anyone else seen a 1050 behave like this?

masterteknicion
09-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Yes I have seen this. And you are on the right track, after adjusting the sep adj. you need to go back into tech rep mode and to the auto hv adj.

I have seen that I had to do this adj. on colored paper.

angelntx
09-01-2009, 05:40 AM
Thank you for verifying this. I'll do that adjustment tomorrow.

brian155
09-01-2009, 09:36 AM
personally speaking i find that paper is to cause for this in most cases although the duplex exit roller and its drive motor also give the same affect and also a rare j94-01

angelntx
09-08-2009, 02:28 AM
:eek:Ok I didn't know that about the J94-01. I will keep that in mind when I go visit next time.:eek: Thank you.
Raising the Separation DC Voltage by 5-10 volts and it seems to be holding its own.

Custom Search