PDA

View Full Version : Samsung CLP-500 cover open displayed

Custom Search

Wild Bill
01-26-2007, 01:50 AM
:confused: I should begin with the fact that I was replacing the waste toner sensor. To get the wiring I had to take everything off including the circuit pwb's and the drive assembly. When I got it back togethor and I fired it up and now it displays "cover open." The 2 door switches that I see are both being actuated but still displays "Cover Open". HELP!!!

suckis
01-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Check and Causes:

1. Check if the Hook Lever inside the Duplex Cover is broken or distorted.
Solution:Replace the Duplex Cover.

2. Check the Cover Open sensor, connectors and cable harness. Ensure that a signal reaches the main PBA.
Solution: Replace the harness or microswitch as necessary.

3. Use the EDC mode to test the actuator.
Solution: Replace the Sensor Board.

Wild Bill
02-11-2007, 12:40 AM
:D If anyone is interested I fixed the cover open problem. It was the power supply board. I was just in the wrong place working on the wrong machine, at the wrong time. I still made a little money so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, thanks to PCRmike. Thanks Mike! He had a parts machine and shipped it to me. It is a good thing to have networks going on in this business.

copi_40
02-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Power supply board ,I see now ,can generate this problem at different brands.I met once at Toshiba 3560.Last week to a Minolta Di 250.Same message "Cover open" ,same solution :power supply board.

Wild Bill
02-25-2007, 02:52 AM
Hey I just wanted to add something about the issue with the waste toner sensor replacement procedure. I had to take just about evrything off to get this thing wired correctly. If you have ever had to do this you know that in order to replace correctly, you have to remove most covers, power supply, drive mechanism by fuser and many more items. I like to do things profesionally and so I went ahead and did it this way. NEVER AGAIN!:mad: :eek:

My recomendation to do a profesional job and not risk blowing a board like I did, Splice the wires and use a good heat shrink. Solder it or get a good connector from a electronics store and put it back togethor.

Note some customers and techs are tying the leads togethor and not even replacing the sensor. I feel this is a bad move. Customers will forget to empty it and there goes the drive train! Also the replacement sensor is supposed to be modified in some way to make it not as sensitive. Anyway I hope you agree this is the best way to handle this thing.:cool:

suckis
02-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Not a bad idea!

Custom Search