PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub Network Fax

Custom Search

K7_madman
09-01-2009, 02:07 AM
I have a Bizhub 421. I can network print to it and use it as a stand alone fax machine. I would like to use the network fax so I could fax documents from my PC. I installed the fax software that came with the unit, every time I use it I get an error message saying communication error. I also installed the network scanning software to see if that would work but I also get and error saying error code = -100. I am not sure where to go from here, I tried turned off any firewall that maybe blocking it. I can still print and get to the web interface with out any problems. Is there any new versions of the software i can try or setting I am missing?

masterteknicion
09-01-2009, 02:52 AM
go into the network settings and where it says gateway tx turn that on. it comes as off from the factory.

K7_madman
09-01-2009, 04:15 AM
I looked for the gateway tx setting but could not find it....what is the menu path I have to go through to get to it? Can I access it through the web interface?

konisolver
09-01-2009, 04:51 AM
You don't need any special software, just install the fax driver for the Bizhub 421. The driver should be with your CD, then just add the fax driver like adding a new printer using the same port as your printer. Then open a document hit print, select your fax driver --> enter name for header --> enter fax number and press add --> then click ok.

apache_cat
09-01-2009, 12:21 PM
go into the network settings and where it says gateway tx turn that on. it comes as off from the factory.

This is correct. If you can't see it through the web page. Then go through the menus on the copier "Utility Counter". There is only so many menus just keep pressing buttons till you find it and turn it on.:D

K7_madman
09-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I also work with a Bizhub 200 and I have enabled the Gateway TX on it....the menu on 200 seems straight forward. The Bizub 421 interface seem a little different. I think looked through all the menu opposition for about 10 mins and could not find the Gateway TX setting. This was at a remote site about 30 mins out of the way....I went in to the web interface and tried find it but no luck. Is there an exact menu path I need to go to find this on the 421 I would hate to drive back and not find it.

K7_madman
09-01-2009, 08:47 PM
OK, I Fix it! Turns out I had installed old version of the Fax driver software. I installed the new version and it worked....saved me a 30 min drive. :D

apache_cat
09-01-2009, 10:02 PM
OK, I Fix it! Turns out I had installed old version of the Fax driver software. I installed the new version and it worked....saved me a 30 min drive. :D

Cool good work madman thanks for posting back.

Hansoon
09-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Great info, I tried it with one of our BH350's and it works perfect. Thanks!

Hans

pepper38_cnd
09-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Ok I have to laugh at this one konisolver was right! Yet you guys go on and on! The 421 has absolutely nothing in common with the 200 or the 350, it is a totally different engine! maybe a bizhub 500 but the network fax utility is not for use with the bizhub 421! just use the Fax driver that comes on the CD with the machine or download it from the web site.

Hansoon
09-06-2009, 04:11 AM
I downloaded NetworkFax.exe from the KonicaMinolta Europe website and it worked perfectly for our BH350's as described above. It added from itself a virtual printer "Network Fax for Windows" created a CUIP port "Port for comuse image driver" and installed the "Network Fax" application.

Same engine or not, it works like a charm. :)

Hans

Custom Search