PDA

View Full Version : Toner Usage

Custom Search

infinitygi
09-04-2009, 04:30 AM
How long approx. would a toner set last on a c6500,running 12 x 18 sheets at pretty heavy coverage?
I showed Konica what I print (12 x 18 sheets with full coverage) before buying the machine and they told me the set could last up to 18k-20k sheets. I did find that hard to believe, but trusted them. In any case, I am changing toner after only 4000 sheets, is that normal?

Any way to tweak the setting to get the most out of the toners?

Any help would be great, feel that I have been misled.

brian155
09-04-2009, 10:40 AM
this is not a case of misled, this is common sense more coverage less copies out of a toner!!! all engines are the same.

infinitygi
09-04-2009, 02:11 PM
It is! I showed Konica exactly what I print- 12 x 18 full coverage and they told me 15k-20k.

kingarthur
09-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Did they say "could" or "would".I notice in your post you say "could". There is a big difference, that m/c probably could do that amount of copies with the toner, depending on coverage, normally 5%. The heavier the print the less the toner lasts. I suggest you go back to them & ask questions.

There is no way of stating 100% how long a bottle of toner will last. When ever I get asked that question, I ask back "how long is a piece of string? " again there is no way of measuring.

emujo
09-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Are you a contracted customer? If so, toner should be part of your maintenance, and therefore, just an inconvienance. Even so, I would have a tech come out and verify that MFP is up to speed regarding PM service. Higher toner consumption would be expected at the end of the PM cycle. If you are not under maintenance, it would still be wise to get a qualified tech on site to determine if you have an issue that could be contributing to high toner usage. My guess is your a print shop and this MFP is running non-stop. My own opinion is the PM intervals for this box are a little too frequent for a production machine. Low quality paper, environment, and of course, fill% can all contribute to excessive toner usage. Another issue I see on the lower volume color MFPs is customers running in "Full or Auto Color" mode and sending what they think are black and white jobs. These jobs might be run with process black and result in high charges for color usage and excessive ( in the customers opinion) toner usage. I have attaced the product spec sheets for toner usage for you. All figures are based on A4 (LT) at 5% fill. EMujo

Custom Search