PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7022/422

Custom Search

bgunn
09-04-2009, 07:52 PM
We recently purchased a Konica 7022/422 or 423 Copier.
I finally got it hooked up to the LAN and was able to get our systems to actually connect to it -- that was a few weeks ago.
This week, however, it stopped. The systems no longer print to the copier and when I go into "printers and faxes" and try to print test pages error messages pop up.
Now the reason I say 422 or 423 is that initially, I thought we had a 423 and went by that to install the drivers on the various systems. After the issue came up, I went to the copier itself and ran through a few checks of the settings... out printed a sheet with some specs on it and at the top it read "Konica IP-422".
So did I just get lucky with the other drivers or what? Also very confusing with all the available downloads as to which is the actual driver that I need.
Does anyone have an idea or can assist here on getting our copier back on the right path?
thanks.... bg

pepper38_cnd
09-06-2009, 01:34 PM
If your config sheet said it was IP-422 then that is what you have. Attached is a PCL driver, set up a standard TC/ip port, configure it for LPR, call the Que Prn1, and make sure SNMP is unchecked. Since you didn't say what OS you have or what System Code is in the IP, this is the best I can offer.

bgunn
09-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Pepper, thanks for the driver. I will download and keep. Sorry, all of our systems are on WinXP (Pro or Home) most have SR2 - a couple have SR3, forgot to mention this before.
So does that change things for the driver you sent?
The IP ends with :631/ipp.
Is there anything else that you need to know or that would be of help in getting things straight?
bg

bgunn
09-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Pepper.... ran down what you said might work, install driver and setup all per your specs -- but no go.

Do you have other suggestions/ideas?
Anyone else have some suggestions?

bg

SAR
10-07-2009, 06:14 PM
On those old model print controllers port setting was defaulted to 10001 instead of 9100.
If you can ping the printer, but can't print to it, this is most likely your culprit.
Just change the port setting to 10001.

Albonline
10-07-2009, 07:06 PM
switching to lpr changes port to 515 so port numberisnt problem. did the ip address of the copier change? by itself? as in dhcp?

bgunn
01-14-2010, 08:08 PM
well... its been awhile.

To refresh, all systems running WinXP (home or pro) w/ SR2 or SR3.
Was running printer/copier for a brief bit but then stopped, ran down what Pepper suggested but to no avail.

Sar: Port Number is (and was) set to 10001.

Albonline: IP addy seems to be holding.

Can ping the copier but not showing up on net or in workgroup. Installed newer version of Norton in November and thinking something there is "blocking" the workgroup for showing itself.

But anyone know exactly which driver and which config is best with this setup?

thanks

Albonline
01-15-2010, 02:52 PM
are the copier and pcs in the same subnet? what is the subnet mask on the ip 422?
(it should be on the nic config page)

barratec
01-15-2010, 05:14 PM
With this old models i had many problems with the printing option. To reduce them for me the best configuration is using LPR port ( queue name PORT_1), SNMP unchecked, Byte counting checked, and the driver HP for the Laserjet 5si.

demon646
06-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Hello there. I was wondering of you ever fixed your issue.

We just got the 422 and plugged it in, but I have no idea how to assign the IP or port and stuff. If I hit the settings button then Admin, it goes to a blank screen. Any ideas?

Custom Search