PDA

View Full Version : Samsung SCX-6220

Custom Search

Jaws
09-04-2009, 10:34 PM
I have a machine that is printing some sort of machine code on the bottom of every page accept when I do a engine test. It prints on copies from the glass and the adf. It prints on prints made from the computer. And it prints on billing/page counter page. It has firmware version 1.24 which I would like to reinstll, but Samsung says all they have is version 1.23. Does anybody have 1.24 they can send me or some advice? Thanks, have a good weekend

blackcat4866
09-05-2009, 02:10 AM
I had an SCX-4725FN/XAA that started doing this exact thing after I changed a laser for an LSU Error.

It looked to me like some sort of engine diagnostic that might be enabled for factory use. All the numbers appear to be hex based, and increment with each print.

Tech support suggested upgrading firmware, which did not fix anything. I ended up changing out the PBA main controller. I suspect that's where you'll end up also.

fireater
10-01-2009, 01:10 AM
dont be afraid to roll back firmware they had me do it on a scx-6345 and it didnt break it.... in fact it helped as the firmweare they had out was buggy and the older stuff while still broken at least worked somewhat

Custom Search