PDA

View Full Version : C550 with error code C3921

Custom Search

popcornpuppy
09-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Customer had a powercut which resulted in the copier displaying error code C3B02. Following the advice given in the service manual I changed the IHPU. I did a trouble reset and all looked fine until C3921 appeared.

I have replaced the following parts with no luck:

REDB
PRCB
FUSING UNIT

Updated firmware.

I have also checked the right side door and it appears to be closing fine.
Does anyone have any ideas what my next course of action should be. Possible Power supply unit or IH coil?

any advice will be helpful

paulinho
09-06-2010, 06:18 AM
Hi popcornpuppy,

Did you manage to get rid of this error code C3921. I'm having a similar issue with a C552. Have replaced the following with no success;

FUSING UNIT
IHPU
PRCB
REDB

Right side door closes fine & firmware is up to date.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Customer had a powercut which resulted in the copier displaying error code C3B02. Following the advice given in the service manual I changed the IHPU. I did a trouble reset and all looked fine until C3921 appeared.

REDB
PRCB
FUSING UNIT

Updated firmware.

Does anyone have any ideas what my next course of action should be. Possible Power supply unit or IH coil?

jma676
09-06-2010, 09:22 AM

REDB
PRCB
FUSING UNIT

Updated firmware.

First code C3B02 IH /malfunction (CPU)/ • A failure in communication with the fusing CPU continues for a predetermined period of time.

This Code is Rank A - Check Fusing Unit and perform resetting procedures Rank A.

Second Code C3921 /Fusing sensor wire breaks detection (Center of the heating roller)/
• At the warm-up stage, the heating roller thermistor/3 voltage
does not decrease by predetermined steps (temperature rise)
within a predetermined time.

This Code is Rank A - Check Fusing Unit and perform resetting procedures Rank A.

If after replacing the fuser still accuses malfunction, replace the IH and perform resetting procedures Rank A.

that's all folks***

jma676
09-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Hi popcornpuppy,

Did you manage to get rid of this error code C3921. I'm having a similar issue with a C552. Have replaced the following with no success;

FUSING UNIT
IHPU
PRCB
REDB

Right side door closes fine & firmware is up to date.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Read the previous post.

RRodgers
09-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Ummm I'd start with the power supply. Check for blown fuses. Considering ya just had a power surge it would be my guess that might be the first thing to get hit.

DCPS
09-07-2010, 07:17 AM
As i already said to my previous post with C3921 i had this once on a C451 and it was the fixing coil.

jma676
09-07-2010, 09:26 AM
As i already said to my previous post with C3921 i had this once on a C451 and it was the fixing coil.

what you claim is rare, but it did not have this problem personally, if maybe not bother to read that has been saying.

not clarify this before because following codes correspond in this way.
---------------------------
C3B02: IH malfunction (CPU)
Relevant parts=
Fusing unit and Degaussing coil unit
/IH power supply (IHPU)
Relay drive board (REDB)
Printer control board (PRCB)/

C3921: Fusing sensor wire breaks detection (Center of the heating roller)
Relevant parts=
Fusing unit
/IH power supply (IHPU)
Relay drive board (REDB)
Printer control board (PRCB)/
-------------------------

*according pooorrr says, C3B02 first, and then C3921. according to the info says C3921 does not match with the Degaussing coil unit.

but ... Anyway, the Bizhub could be wrong, or maybe just about the fuser is improperly installed due to a bad assembly?

therefore I said, check Fusing unit = all around

(porrrrrr = Popcorn Puppy)

*and as I said before:
------------------------
First code C3B02 IH /malfunction (CPU)/ • A failure in communication with the fusing CPU continues for a predetermined period of time.

Second Code C3921 /Fusing sensor wire breaks detection (Center of the heating roller)/
• At the warm-up stage, the heating roller thermistor/3 voltage
does not decrease by predetermined steps (temperature rise)
within a predetermined time.

If after replacing the fuser still accuses malfunction, replace the IH and perform resetting procedures Rank A.
---------------------------------
that's all folks***

Custom Search