PDA

View Full Version : BIZHUB 200

Custom Search

ed ward
09-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Hello,

I came here by a google search. My woes are many but will only bother you with a few.

We recently had an issue with a Konica Bizhub 200. An office moved locations and when we hooked everything back up the faxing broke. The Konica support guy came in and reset the 200 to factory defaults. This fixed the fax but broke the scanning. we have always set pcs to receive scans by TX:PC and set to scan to host name (pc name). The technician could not get it to scan to pc host name so he set it to PC IP address.

scanning works now but the IPs are not static ips. I would like to find out what reset so the host name can be used.

my second problem is with a brand new bizhub 200. While it still has a setup to scan to TX:PC(ftp server) it does NOT have a second choince of host name where we would enter the pc name.

#1: does resetting to factory settings turn off something that disables the host name even though it is an option?

#2 on the new 200, is there something that needs enabled so you CAN put in the host name?

thank you for your time. our service tech has not been much help. BTW, I cannot find an area that tells me firmware versions by remoting into the printers. I am sure it is somewhere....

ed ward
09-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Beuller?

copytechman
09-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Host name only works if all of the ip settings are programmed correctly for the new office (dns, gateway etc) You'd need to confirm that all of the network settings are correct b4 tshooting further!

Regards!
A!

ed ward
09-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Host name only works if all of the ip settings are programmed correctly for the new office (dns, gateway etc) You'd need to confirm that all of the network settings are correct b4 tshooting further!

Regards!
A!

thanks! any idea about the 200 that doesn't even have the option to add the host name, only the workstation ips?

copytechman
09-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Same thing as prior post! Confirm ALL ip settings b4 continuing!
A!

ed ward
09-09-2009, 05:39 PM
dns settings were not added. thanks!

Custom Search