PDA

View Full Version : C203 saying install image units

Custom Search

xcopy
09-09-2009, 06:38 AM
When you turn it on it shows a picture of the image units and it says install them. But they are installed. Under consumables it says the image units and transferbelt and fuser is brand new. Then you turn it of for an hour and it comes good. Have tried NVRAM reset, HDD format.
Any Ideas:cool:

DCPS
09-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Hat the machine the problem always or occasionally? I had something like that about 1 year ago but in my case i had the message always and it was together with a second message but i can't remember any more. Anyway, the problem was at the end a missing supply voltage and this was caused by a defective laser unit!

copyalbania
09-09-2009, 07:41 AM
I had a similar problem with imagaing units but the poroblems was that the client exchanged chips so they did not make contact to the machibne and so they were not recognisec by the machine.
Check the chip to make contact and pull to the end.
I hope this will solve the problem.

xcopy
09-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the reply, it also says install all 4 toner cartridges, as well as all 4 image units. The machine has the origonal image units in it. How did you know what laser unit was faulty.

DCPS
09-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the reply, it also says install all 4 toner cartridges, as well as all 4 image units. The machine has the origonal image units in it. How did you know what laser unit was faulty.

Yes exactly that was the second message! You know laser should be changed as a set and not individual. But anyway. If you are familiar with the ohmmeter then check the resistance between pins 2,5,8,11 of CN26 on PRCB and ground. Tell me what you have read. The normal value should be around 110-120 ohm. If you read much less then you have for sure a short at 5V.

PeterG
09-11-2009, 07:10 AM
We had one do this, It turned out to be one of the spring loaded contacts on the copier where the image unit plugs in, grounding on the frame.

JSC
09-11-2009, 07:54 AM
We had one do this, It turned out to be one of the spring loaded contacts on the copier where the image unit plugs in, grounding on the frame.

BINGO!........ had one do the same check the pins on the contacts one of them is shorting out :)

Custom Search