PDA

View Full Version : School software advice sought

Custom Search

Taminol
09-09-2009, 06:53 PM
This isn't so much a technical question to a broken Bizhub, more a request for input on software to connect to a Bizhub.

We have a client (a school), they want to upgrade their existing machine to C451/C353 type of device. They would like to centralise the student printing to this device.
Each student has a personal login to a PC (35 PC's per class, 35 students per class, 15 classes).
If they were to print to the new machine, in the central repro unit, how would the repro room operator know which prits to give to which student?
Is there some software they could say, print a cover sheet with identification of the proceeding sheets?

I did initially think about the User Box, but then the queue of students would quickly grow as they waited for their prints to be printed.

Any ideas on a solution?

Thanks

emujo
09-09-2009, 09:18 PM
We have this situation in our schools here. The users are teachers, not students, so the number is less but the principle is the same. All print users print to mailbox established for them. Mailboxs are set to delete in 3 days. Anyone wanting there print jobs will come down between certain hours, access there mailbox, print needed jobs and delete completed jobs. If they don't make it within 3 days, jobs are auto deleted. This keeps the walkup users from being interrupted. There are a couple of other ways to do this...1, you could employ banner pages..this will keep jobs separated, but does not alliviate walk up users from being interrupted, plus, extra expense of paper can add up. 2, you could use secure print, jobs would be stored until print user walked up to copier and released job (similar to mailbox). Hope this helps you...and stay with KonicaMinolta!!!!! EMujo

pepper38_cnd
09-09-2009, 10:29 PM
You could just turn on the banner page funtion. This puts a coverpage on each print job Identifying which computer it came from.

Taminol
09-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the input.
When you mentioned banner pages, I had thoughts of 297 x 1200mm banner paper being used to seperate the prints.
Now I've seen the attachement (thanks Pepper) I realise banner also means cover sheet.

Custom Search