PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C450 Print Shadow!!!

Custom Search

bizhubc450bites
09-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Howdy folks,

New to this site and would greatly appreciate your assistance. Working with a Bizhub C450 that has started to print with a shadow on black and white prints. This problem does not show up on color prints. I've read the manual in pdf and print (front and back) and cannot resolve the issue. Would you please assist me in resolving the issue?

Si@danwood
09-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Had this the other day to solve it i performed an initialisation and stabilization(had to do this 3 times before it completed "ok") then performed a gradation for all 3 modes, 3 times each and cured the problem stone dead:D:D:D hope this helps...Si

fixthecopier
09-10-2009, 11:01 AM
the black lens is most likely dirty. Take the cleaning wand put a fresh pad on it, wet it with alcohol, and put a lot of pressure on it while you scrub back and forth. Then clean it again with a dry pad.

bizhubc450bites
09-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Thank you guys for the help. I sincerely appreciate your assistance.

don
09-14-2009, 06:21 AM
Dear friend,

Are you printing on coated paper. Have you printed halftone and internal print to check this issue. This problem may be occur due coated paper and may be temp.
Run blank paper through the engine and check. This will clean the shadow mark present on the rollers.

Regds,

bizhubc450bites
09-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Thank you for the helpful tips. I sincerely appreciate your assistance.

tuggerplum
09-17-2009, 08:35 PM
This problem may also be solved by running the test print for the 4 colors in service mode to see if it may be a bad IU issue, the C450 is terrible at having premature IU failure. To test this out go into service mode, select test prints and then reverse lattice and choose CMYK, you can set the density to different values, the default is 255 but 168 works well for me if you get shadows on lighter prints. If the colors all looks good then it may be that the 4 LED's needs to be cleaned by hand, I just remove all the IU's and transfer belt and go in from side of the waste toner box and cleaned it out properly with a clean rag damped in some alcohol and then wipe it dry. Hope this solve your problem.

EarthKmTech
09-17-2009, 11:25 PM
I've seen this numerous times, and assuming you have set up the machine properly and its well maintained, it's usually the client using poor quality cheap imported paper. Always keep a known good quality paper for testing in these situations.

also on machines that do a very high voliume of black and white printing, there is a known issue with intermittant black smudge marks and shaddows. There is a black imaging unit modification required - obviously this means that the customer can no longer be responcible for changing these if thats the issue.

bizhubc450bites
09-29-2009, 12:40 AM
Thank you all for the great tips. I sincerely appreciate everyone’s assistance.

DUKEY
09-29-2009, 01:13 AM
yo never wet the wand!!! it's dry toner you replace the pad with a new one after cleaning all lenses... and you just push in and pull out..

humpty dumpty
10-20-2009, 07:59 PM
The problem here is static build up just above transfer roller. There is a modified part for this problem. basically its an antistatic strip which fixes to the machine. you will need this and possibly a new black IU and T. roller

cheers matt

I will try and find you a part num.

Si@danwood
10-20-2009, 09:04 PM
The problem here is static build up just above transfer roller. There is a modified part for this problem. basically its an antistatic strip which fixes to the machine. you will need this and possibly a new black IU and T. roller

cheers matt

I will try and find you a part num.

Ahem that mod is for the bizhub c 451/550/650 not for a bizhub 450 which seems to be the case here..Si

lucky13
10-23-2009, 04:38 AM
yo never wet the wand!!! it's dry toner you replace the pad with a new one after cleaning all lenses... and you just push in and pull out..
its not just toner there is also a build up of ozone and alcohol cleans it very well

fixthecopier
10-23-2009, 12:28 PM
its not just toner there is also a build up of ozone and alcohol cleans it very well

That is correct. Sometimes the dry cloth will not work. I did one yesterday, had no alcohol so I just licked it and it worked fine. Always run the dry one behind it to wipe any smears up.

RRodgers
10-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Howdy folks,

New to this site and would greatly appreciate your assistance. Working with a Bizhub C450 that has started to print with a shadow on black and white prints. This problem does not show up on color prints. I've read the manual in pdf and print (front and back) and cannot resolve the issue. Would you please assist me in resolving the issue?

Change the paper, I had it and it was kicking me in the butt... tried this and tried that. Then I looked in the All Active Solutions data base at Konica's web site and it made mention of just trying a different brand new ream of paper. So, when you go back out, take one with you.

Simple as that.

SKTeK315
10-24-2009, 02:52 AM
We call it smudging. Color or bk machines if just started than run what others told u but if that doesn't work select bias choice & lower the value. If still smudging inside or to the left of letters then bk dv is worn out. Change iu unit or if u can, the dv. That's what I do. In any case, dv is at end

mrsieg
04-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Are there formal instructions for initialisation, stabilization and gradation?

Custom Search