PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c6501

Custom Search

thuo
09-11-2009, 02:57 PM
can this machine achieve printing quality similar to offset printers .any calibration required.
thanks

Si@danwood
09-11-2009, 08:05 PM
I have seen outputs from this machine "comparable" to offset printers....however i would never market/place this machine as a replacement for offset!The reason's are many and too convoluted for here but safe to say a £25 digital machine will not replace a £500k+ offset litho press! Yes calibration is a definate must so a spectrometer is a requirement also.That being said if the usage/Expectations are realistic then the 6501 can do a great job!..Si

Setright
09-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Agreeing with si again :D

Similar to offset, but not the same.

The "weakness" of the laser printer is the consistency. It will not be able to run very large jobs and produce colours as accurately as well controlled offset press.

So running hundreds pages will not be a problem, but don't expect the 6501 to produce tens of thousands of perfectly alike prints, day in, day out.
The whole point and advantage of the laser printer is it's ability to run smaller jobs profitably because it's more dynamic.

Having said that, calibrate the machine for running Line1 to get very good consistency. I bet this will compete with an "average" offset production, since offset machines are only as good their controllers.

Si@danwood
09-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Agreeing with si again :D

Similar to offset, but not the same.

The "weakness" of the laser printer is the consistency. It will not be able to run very large jobs and produce colours as accurately as well controlled offset press.

So running hundreds pages will not be a problem, but don't expect the 6501 to produce tens of thousands of perfectly alike prints, day in, day out.
The whole point and advantage of the laser printer is it's ability to run smaller jobs profitably because it's more dynamic.

Having said that, calibrate the machine for running Line1 to get very good consistency. I bet this will compete with an "average" offset production, since offset machines are only as good their controllers.

What is this a lovefest? Nice to know i am not talking "BOLLOX" :D

Custom Search