PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di-470

Custom Search

copyman
09-14-2009, 02:01 PM
this one is killing me! if it wasn't under contract i would demand they upgrade or bail out. this machine has been jamming intermittently for the last several months. now it is happening almost everytime. The jam counter indicates all the jams are "seperator". so far i have replaced the exit switch & turnover switch. cleaned all the transport & sync rollers. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

krm
09-14-2009, 02:13 PM
I always start with fuser pawls and the door interlock lever, if the lever cracks, you get intermittent jams.

oce bill
09-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Are you sure this is fuser separation and not drum sep,
It's some time since I worked on this machine but we used to have problems with the paper separation from the drum,The sep corona section would arc to the center plate and the paper would curl up into the cleaner unit.
If this is the case you need to strip,clean and rewire the sep/transfer corona and for good measure cover the top of the center partition between the transfer corona and the sep corona with insulation tape where the covering on the partition ends

Good luck

Hansoon
09-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Clean bushings (not the bearings) from the pre-reg and vertical transport rollers. The oil in them gets gummed up.

Hans

minimerlin
09-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Also check that you have the latest sensor actuators fitted and none of them have any nicks from the paper.

fixthecopier
09-14-2009, 10:36 PM
I have had the exit sensor above the fuser drive me nuts because it was coming out of the holder and would cock to the side and rub the actuator, causing it to get out of time. Works fine when you test it. Dirty rollers on the left side also. I know you said you covered these two, but that is all I could think of.

Johnny_B500
09-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Did you take the back panel off to ensure you don't have a broken drive gear with teeth missing on the rear of the machine?

Custom Search