PDA

View Full Version : KM c350 IU Life counter.

Custom Search

don
09-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Hi all,
I am facing a strange problem with KM c350. After replacing new IU the life counter does not change to "0". It shows the old IU value. I haved check with "IU life stop setting". It is set to "STOP".

Also I would like to know if the "IU life stop setting" is set to "NO STOP" what will happen with the life of IU. Will this setting affect on other consumables.
Help me out with this problem.
Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

mrwho
09-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Check that the machine doesn't have any error message, open door or jammed paper. That can cause your problem.

tech51
09-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Did the machine complete its stabilisation process after fitting the new IU. If, for any reason stabilisation doesnt finish , the counter will not re set.

Kmdurrin
09-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi all,
I am facing a strange problem with KM c350. After replacing new IU the life counter does not change to "0". It shows the old IU value. I haved check with "IU life stop setting". It is set to "STOP".

Also I would like to know if the "IU life stop setting" is set to "NO STOP" what will happen with the life of IU. Will this setting affect on other consumables.
Help me out with this problem.
Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

In response to the first question: You may have a bad IU. Do you have another IU you can place in the machine to test this? If the chip on your new unit is bad, the machine wont see it as new.

In response to your second question: Turning IU life stop to "No stop" will simply keep the IU running after the "replace IU" message comes up, as opposed to shutting the machine down. You can keep old IUs in the machine long past their expected life, as long as your customer doesnt mind seeing a constant message to replace the image unit, and doesnt mind having to hit "OK" to clear the message every now and then.

PeterG
09-16-2009, 12:40 AM
You have a P error. Check & see if you have a small oil can at the bottom of the screen.
Clean the sensors on the right hand side of the machine, under the transfer belt.

don
09-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Dear Friends,
Thanks to you on your feed back.

--Related to your feedback and queries I would like to clear on this:

--My machine does not give any error message,nor P message.
Stabilisation process completes successfully, whenever machine is
switched ON and OFF,any new consumables are installed,front door,
waste box door and transfer door is opened and closed.

--Machine is in idle mode. (Ready to copy). Currently my machine is in production with the same old IU of cyan.

--I have replaced 2 new cyan IU for this issue. Both the new IU
shows the old life counter value. Also I've cleaned the chip with
ISO Proply alcohol.

Regards,

pepper38_cnd
09-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Don
Something as simple as leaving an original on the glass, can cause your life counter not to reset. If you put a new IU in and it didn't reset, why would you put the old one back in? You should have left the new one in and looked for the reason it did not reset. Did you actually make copies with the new IU in the machine?

don
09-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Dear Pepper38 cnd,

No copy on the original glass.
The problem with old cyan IU is, it prints white patches on halftone and images. This was the reason I had to change it with
new cyan IU. I noticed the counter did not reset for the new IU.
I have checked with 2 new cyan IU.
I took some output approximately 45 sheets from the new cyan IU.
Later, I repaired the same defective old cyan IU. It was installed
again. Took alteast 150 copies on the same, but was replaced soon due to same problem. Now new cyan IU is installed in the machine. My machine is in production,But life issue still persist.
Regards,

tuggerplum
09-17-2009, 11:07 PM
I believed that your issue may be due to an incompatible IU, the C350 and C450 looks very similar except for the number on the front of the unit. You need to supply additional information such as which IU you are trying to replace, color or the black unit. The black unit is IU310K for the C350 if it says IU410 Black it is for the C450. Concerning your other question about the IU NO STOP, I have not seen much difference with the older KM models but with the newer KM models such as the C353 and the likes, for the newer IU like the C203, 352,353 there is a software program that has to be flashed into the machine such as when you are updating the firmware, you use a compact flash and then make a couple of changes in the machine software switch setting. To date I have not seen an impact on decreasing IU usage, when the machine calls for a new IU I just install a new one. Hope this answer your question.

don
09-22-2009, 04:03 AM
We place an oder for C350 consumables only. We have never used C450 consumables.

Regards,

PeterG
09-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Please supply management list.

MFPTech
09-15-2014, 12:16 AM
Dear Friends,
Thanks to you on your feed back.

--Related to your feedback and queries I would like to clear on this:

--My machine does not give any error message,nor P message.
Stabilisation process completes successfully, whenever machine is
switched ON and OFF,any new consumables are installed,front door,
waste box door and transfer door is opened and closed.

--Machine is in idle mode. (Ready to copy). Currently my machine is in production with the same old IU of cyan.

--I have replaced 2 new cyan IU for this issue. Both the new IU
shows the old life counter value. Also I've cleaned the chip with
ISO Proply alcohol.

Regards,

Hi

How did you resolve this issue please
I am having exactly the same issue with the Black IU.
The machine had quality issue and noticed that the usage of the black IU was 90% (one box left). Replaced the Bk IU with a brand new OEM Bk IU. Did everything you did and no change. I am thinking of a board NVRAM failure.
Any suggestions please

Thanks in advance!

Custom Search