PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C351 admin password resets?

Custom Search

edwin3268
09-15-2009, 09:11 PM
I am a new member. Located in Seattle. My company has aquired 20 of these Bizhub C351 machines. Any chance anyone may know of a way to re-set the Facory defaults ? Or at least re-set the administrator password so I can set up the networking on these Bizhubs??? I have tried all the recommended passwords(8-0's,1-8#,firey.1, even tied the word password)nothin works!:( Any Ideas??
Thanks.

leo
09-16-2009, 12:38 PM
I am a new member. Located in Seattle. My company has aquired 20 of these Bizhub C351 machines. Any chance anyone may know of a way to re-set the Facory defaults ? Or at least re-set the administrator password so I can set up the networking on these Bizhubs??? I have tried all the recommended passwords(8-0's,1-8#,firey.1, even tied the word password)nothin works!:( Any Ideas??
Thanks.

the numbers1-8, 8 the last number is the factorysetpassword, but there is a way to set it back to fact.def.
I can e-mail u

edwin3268
09-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Leo,
I have tried the 1 thru 8 #s for admin password to try to set up networking. Invalid password. Previous owners must have changed the Admin password. I am looking for a way to Re-Set the whole machine settings back to factory. Is there a code? or a button combination upon boot that I can use?
You can e- mail me with details At ewwebb@comcast.net
Thanks for any help on this.

mitchl
09-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Go into service mode, then advanced security mode (stop,0,clear) and reset it, backdoor it through trouble reset to get to service mode if needed, then do the stop, 0, clear to enter advanced security mode press admin. password and have fun!

edwin3268
09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Go into service mode, then advanced security mode (stop,0,clear) and reset it, backdoor it through trouble reset to get to service mode if needed, then do the stop, 0, clear to enter advanced security mode press admin. password and have fun!

And How do we get to service mode with out knowing what the administrator password is? The business we received these 20 machines from has changed all the administrator passwords to prevent users from making changes. I need to be able to network these machines on our server. Are there any specific details in a factory re-set arround the adminitrator password??

OBXtech
09-16-2009, 09:07 PM
You should still be able to get into service mode. press the "Utility/Counter" hard button, go to the meter details screen, press "STOP" "0" "0" "STOP" "0" "1" This should get you into service mode and then proceed with the previous advice.:cool:

mitchl
09-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Send me an email address with a real big capacity and I'll send you the field service manual. It may come in multiple parts as my email host blows and wont allow more than 18 megs at a time.................. I didn't realize that you didn't know anything about the Monica boxes, would have put more explicit instruction.

mitchl
09-16-2009, 10:17 PM
By the way theyre good machines, do yourself a favor and get a resetter for the IU's, saves big buckS!!!

edwin3268
09-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks Mitch! I have restored the Administrator password to default 8 zeros! :D I have 6 books (all user guides) on this machine. I service Panasonic ,Lexmark , and HP products. I have no formal training on the Konica Minolta machines. We aree not a dealership for Minolta . But boss has aquired 20 of the C-351's on a trade in deal. I have been elected to clean them up and set up to factory defaults. So far I have found 5 in good working order....15 have some sort of problem and need service!
A service manual would be of great help. :) Maybe I could see how to remove the "color restriction". All the copiers have color copy restrictions!
Thanks.

edwin3268
09-18-2009, 05:58 PM
You should still be able to get into service mode. press the "Utility/Counter" hard button, go to the meter details screen, press "STOP" "0" "0" "STOP" "0" "1" This should get you into service mode and then proceed with the previous advice.:cool:

Thank you...It worked....now I just need to figure out how to remove the color copy restriction :confused:

mitchl
09-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Thank you...It worked....now I just need to figure out how to remove the color copy restriction :confused:

Hmmmm...... One would assume that its in ADMIN mode, try this......Under general see if "authentication is turned on, if so turn it off and see if that doesn't get you going

Subject:
How to allow Public User Access, but restrict Public User functions.
Description:
Solution:
To allow Public User Access, but restrict Public User functions, perform the following:
1. From the copier/printer panel, enter Admin Mode. Select User Auth/Acct Track.General settings
2. With User Authentication set to ON, set Public User Access to Allow.
3. Click OK
4. Select the User Registration button. Select the Up arrow.
5. Next to a box with the number 1000 is a box numbered 000. It is also labeled Public.
6. Select this box.
7. Select Function Permission to Allow or Restrict the following functions - Copy, Scan, Fax, Print, User Box or Print Scan/Fax from Box.
8. Select the Output Permission Box.
9. Select Allow or Restrict for Print Color, Print Black and White or Scan/Fax Color or Black and White.
Note: The Output Permission selection is not available with base firmware. Firmware must be updated to minimum version 81 for the bizhub C250 or minimum version A7 for the bizhub C351/C450 to allow the setting change.

edwin3268
09-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Thank you again!!....This is a complicated machine....I think I do need a service manual.

mitchl
09-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Thank you again!!....This is a complicated machine....I think I do need a service manual.

Jeez what ever would give you that impression!:rolleyes: I'll start sending to you in chunks have a good weekend!

fuser fingers
10-15-2009, 02:27 PM
You guys ROCK!

Thanks for solving this for me.

nasspro
10-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Hmmmm...... One would assume that its in ADMIN mode, try this......Under general see if "authentication is turned on, if so turn it off and see if that doesn't get you going

Subject:
Description:
Solution:
To allow Public User Access, but restrict Public User functions, perform the following:
1. From the copier/printer panel, enter Admin Mode. Select User Auth/Acct Track.General settings
2. With User Authentication set to ON, set Public User Access to Allow.
3. Click OK
4. Select the User Registration button. Select the Up arrow.
5. Next to a box with the number 1000 is a box numbered 000. It is also labeled Public.
6. Select this box.
7. Select Function Permission to Allow or Restrict the following functions - Copy, Scan, Fax, Print, User Box or Print Scan/Fax from Box.
8. Select the Output Permission Box.
9. Select Allow or Restrict for Print Color, Print Black and White or Scan/Fax Color or Black and White.
Note: The Output Permission selection is not available with base firmware. Firmware must be updated to minimum version 81 for the bizhub C250 or minimum version A7 for the bizhub C351/C450 to allow the setting change.

Hello,

How can I update my c351 firmware?

rgds

mitchl
10-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Hello,

How can I update my c351 firmware?

rgds

You need a 128meg flash card and the bin files for the C351, once you have those its a breeze!

nasspro
10-26-2009, 05:05 PM
You need a 128meg flash card and the bin files for the C351, once you have those its a breeze!

Where can I find the bin files for C351 ???

mitchl
10-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Where can I find the bin files for C351 ???
send me an email mitchL@akitacopy.com and I'll have our IT guy post it on our FTP and he will get you a Screen name and password to retrieve it.

nasspro
10-27-2009, 11:17 AM
send me an email mitchL@akitacopy.com and I'll have our IT guy post it on our FTP and he will get you a Screen name and password to retrieve it.

Mail sended ! ;)

Custom Search