PDA

View Full Version : C6500 Creasing SRA3 130gram

Custom Search

ocetech88
09-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Hi ,
I've got a couple of C6500 with the same problem . When running 130gram silk SRA3 with heavy toner coverage it ripples the print/paper in the fuser . If the print has less coverage on 1 side and you ask for the print to be delivered face up you don't get the problem . Sometimes the print will jam in the fuser with the lead edge just past the exit rollers and the rest curled up behind it . I have tried a fuser rebuild including belt , rollers and all drive gears and bearings but this didn't make any difference . Any ideas ?

redhotrob
09-17-2009, 04:20 AM
Have you tried lowering the fuser temperature?
Something else that's worked for me is to decrease the amout of toner on the paper using one of the print job settings on a fiery controller. There wasn't any noticable change in the quality of the solids when trying this.

Setright
09-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Try cutting the paper so the general fibre direction is at 90 degrees to what you are running now.

"Offset" paper softens considerably when warmed up and some types/brands are much worse than others, so it would wise to try something different.

Running the fibre direction parallel to the paper transport direction could give you that little bit of added stiffness that will allow the print through.

The ripling you see in duplex is caused by the duplex de-curl roller just after/below the fuser. The de-curler is working properly, but the paper is so soft that it gets ripled/buckled by the process.
When you run simplex it doesn't pass through that de-curler, and the next de-curler is further up where the paper has cooled down a bit.

Been through this with a very stubborn client. I have spent hours and days making scientific experiments...I still have the documents, but they are in my native language...Danish.

Custom Search