PDA

View Full Version : C253, C353 "original left on glass"

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
09-17-2009, 12:37 PM
seen this a few times, even on machines straight out of the box.

It's detecting something on the glass, even though there is nothing. Glass is perfect, no scratches, optics are clean. Firmware at latest available level and have run the calibration of the original size detection sensors.

this alarm feature isnt necessary on these new models that use a separate glass for the document feeder, its just a nuisance.

The customer constantly needs to have the originals in the document feeder, then lift and close the document feeder for the machine to ignore the original glass and accept documents thru the document feeder.

It has to be something simple, but what could it be?

It would be nice if there was a soft switch to make the scanner only attempt to detect original sizes on the glass when the start button is pressed with nothing in the document feeder, rather than every time the document feeder is lowered. Very annoying.

B0265
09-18-2009, 07:25 AM
Try adjusting the height of the DF. If the front right corner is to high, the magnet in the DF does not activate the DF open sensor (RS201).

suomi
09-18-2009, 10:49 AM
CLOSE > SECTION PROPERLY message with an illustration of the document feeder raised when an original is placed in the document feeder. CAUSE: The magnet on the bottom, right, front of the document feeder is not properly aligned with the reed switch which is under the cover.

SOLUTION: Loosen the screws below the right hinge of the document feeder to align it. The document feeder manual lists this adjustment to correct document skew so ensure that the documents do not skew after changing this adjustment. The specification for maximum skew is 3mm.

100spc
09-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Perform the Original Size Detection Adjustment:
Place A3 paper on the Glass
1. Enter Service Mode.
2. Select 'Machine'.
3. Select 'Original Size Detection Adjustment' and press the Start button.
4. Exit Service Mode

EarthKmTech
09-20-2009, 03:12 AM
Thankyou,

I shall give this a try - I was under the impression though, that the original size detection adjustment was done with nothing on the glass. Although, i must confess, I've not actually read the manual on this specific adjustment.

100spc
09-20-2009, 06:49 AM
You're right, the manuals do usually say to use nothing on the glass and to also have the lights out for best results, but both ways seem to work fine.

Custom Search