PDA

View Full Version : c350 PCL printing, really slow

Custom Search

DallasTech
02-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I am having a problem with a c350 and some seriously slow printing. A color PDF's about 3.5mb in size, takes about 10 minutes to print 10 pages. This problem only happens on PDF's. It will process the first page, then print it, then waits about 30 secs and prints the second page. I can load it up with pages of JPEG's and it spits them out like nothing. This printer doesn't have a PS print controller or I would of tried that. I tried printing another PDF and the same problem occurred. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wagon
02-03-2007, 12:24 AM
I have heard of this problem before. I think trying another version of acrobat may help. Maybe a peerless or fiery is the only real way to fix this one!

Tonerbomb
02-03-2007, 12:46 AM
I agree with Wagon, eventhough I don't see the c350. I have dealt with this on older Ricoh b/w controllers that choke on PDF's. Adding PS or a fiery solves this, or what about a driver update???

d7guitar
02-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Try loading UNIX print systems in the "control panels" add or remove programs, winows operating system. If not already loaded, run it and load a new driver using LPR printing as type of port and assign it to your c350. (I am on a mac so i cant run through the exact steps and give you the right verbiage, but if your savvy, you'll get it right). Then change your print driver to "binary" from "ASCII". (P.S. that might be a postScript only variable). These two steps will dramatically improve your print speeds with larger files, but it will still print slower than JPEG example you wrote about.

DallasTech
02-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the replies. I simply overlooked the fact that the PDF's were custom made onsite. They are using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and the PDF's are coming out to be pretty big. I had them try a test print with another color PDF that was a lot smaller and it came right out.

Custom Search