PDA

View Full Version : Di5510 jams above tray 2

Custom Search

OBXtech
09-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Paper feeds fine from tray 2, but jams constantly when feeding from tray one (left tray). Jams occur in the horizontal conveyance area that sits above tray 2. Nothing is blocking the paper path. The page just seems to stop just before the rollers on the right side of the HC unit. Any one seen this before? What did you do to resolve the problem? This is happening on 2 different Di5510's at the same account (a middle school - YAY!:p).

Darren King
09-18-2009, 02:11 PM
I had the same problem on a Di5510. The solution I came up with was adjusting the the sensor assembly down a bit. If you remove vertical feed unit it makes it easier to get at the sensors.
Hope this helps.
Darren

fixthecopier
09-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Are all of the rollers new? Did you try to swap the feed assembly with one from another tray to see if the problem is in the assembly or in the tray?

OBXtech
09-20-2009, 09:56 PM
All the rollers are new and I have swapped the paper feed assembly with another tray that was confirmed working. It only jams from tray one which lis what leads me to believe that the problem has to be in the horizontal conveyance unit. I haven't tried adjusting the sensors yet, but will try that first.

Anrath
11-09-2009, 07:23 AM
On the back of that conveyance tray there is a plastic coupling that drives the rollers in the tray. The pin in the coupling often breaks thru the plastic. Just something else to check.

Custom Search