PDA

View Full Version : minolta di 470

Custom Search

digicor
09-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Here we go again! the machine makes 1 copy a hundred times try two and it stops before it gets out past the fuser!!!! i have had this problem in the past with this same model and no answers, had to replace the machine.
R/R the circut boards, all of them,there is no hard drive in this machine either,is this a faulty memory chip of somesort? please someone been through this before?... looking for an answer besides"the machine is a gonner"...LOL:(

alonzo
09-18-2009, 08:04 PM
take a look at the fuser inter lock switch the left panel that opens to clear jam it is vibrating while making copies

minoltaed
09-18-2009, 10:42 PM
On the exit door the latch on the frontside is cracked. I have seen this a couple times will run single copies fine but will barely get out of the machine and jam on multiples.

Hansoon
09-18-2009, 11:16 PM
The big fat spring coil clutch inside the gear unit of the fuser drive (machine side) is slipping.

Make a copy and see if you can hold easily the green knob from the fuser when its turning. If yes, its the coil clutch problem.

Hans

fixthecopier
09-19-2009, 02:58 AM
In most big machines the output will differ when you make multiple copies because options like auto sort will kick in. The gate after the fuser has to move. Do things change if you take the sorter off?

EarthKmTech
09-20-2009, 03:21 AM
i agree with everything so far, and have seen it all. These are fun machines at times.

another thing i might add, is that its worth checking the fusing unit bearings. I have seen in the past where the pressure roller bearings start to bind up and slow down the pressure roller, causing intermittant jams.

Also, unrelaited, but,the fusing web motors are notorious for going bad too. You'll quickly discover when that happens. :D

digicor
09-21-2009, 05:57 PM
thanks for the ideas,
and yes it still does it with the finisher un hooked, and i have held the exit panel in place and it still does it.
i will head the advice and post a solution to this, if one works that is.

Custom Search