PDA

View Full Version : Benchwork on km 4035 main board

Custom Search

n25an
09-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Has anyone here ever repaired a km 4035 main board by hand... ???

blackcat4866
09-20-2009, 04:01 PM
You know the last time I tried something like this was 2002.

I had a Canon NP-6551 that was giving me intermittent right door open indications. I tracked it back the main PWB. When I pressed on the main processor chip the door open indication would go away. I could even see the poorly soldered leg on the chip.

The problem was that I was looking through a magnifier. And when I got my soldering iron into view it was 3x the size of the leg I wanted to solder. I was certain that any attempt would turn 3 or more legs into a gob of solder. My answer wast to find a fairly beefy spring and with 2-sided tape adhered it to the inside of the board cage/cover. With the lid screwed down, and the additional spring pressure it worked fine for 4 months (until I found a scrap board to install).

The lesson I learned from this is that unless it's something large enough to see without the magnifier, there's really no way for me to repair it.

This is probably not the answer you're looking for, but just my $0.02
=^..^=

n25an
09-20-2009, 08:19 PM
You know the last time I tried something like this was 2002.

I had a Canon NP-6551 that was giving me intermittent right door open indications. I tracked it back the main PWB. When I pressed on the main processor chip the door open indication would go away. I could even see the poorly soldered leg on the chip.

The problem was that I was looking through a magnifier. And when I got my soldering iron into view it was 3x the size of the leg I wanted to solder. I was certain that any attempt would turn 3 or more legs into a gob of solder. My answer wast to find a fairly beefy spring and with 2-sided tape adhered it to the inside of the board cage/cover. With the lid screwed down, and the additional spring pressure it worked fine for 4 months (until I found a scrap board to install).

The lesson I learned from this is that unless it's something large enough to see without the magnifier, there's really no way for me to repair it.

This is probably not the answer you're looking for, but just my $0.02
=^..^=

you are right it isn't what i am looking for but it is a valid answer and it is appreciated...

banginbishop
09-21-2009, 07:31 AM
As the board will be out of warranty and depending on the fault you have what have you to lose - if you dont have a go you replace the board, if you have a go and screw it up you replace the board.

If you can trouble shoot down to component level then go for it.

Whats to lose.

Custom Search