PDA

View Full Version : C451 & OSX (10.4) Slow Dialogs

Custom Search

IDSTechnical
09-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Hi Chaps,

Wonder if anyone can assist with this one, I have a customer who previously had a C351 working fine. We have upgraded them to a C451 and they are not happy with the response time when using the print driver. They can be waiting upto 40 seconds for the print dialog to appear if the KM is set as default.

If we have another printer set as default then the dialog responds normally. But then stops responding once we choose the C451 again for upto 40 seconds.

Once the driver has loaded up it seems ok but this delay isnt really acceptable in the customers eyes.

They have 10.4.11 installed. The one 10.5 seems fine. We have tried version 3.1 ppd and 4.1 ppd and also 4.3 which is the latest I have from KM. I am waiting for a further response from KM here. But would appreciate any help you guys can give.

Thanks

EarthKmTech
09-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Probably not relevant to mac's, but on PC's I always turn off the automatically acquire configuration setting, under "acquire settings" in the configuration settings. Once the driver is installed there’s no need to have each machine polling the copier for configuration changes.

Having it left on causes slow driver response, particularly from Microsoft applications.

might be worth a look

IDSTechnical
09-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Agreed this was the first thing I looked for in the driver but I don't believe there is an option to turn two way communication off.

I also unplugged the network cable from the back of the mac and opened the print dialog and the same result happened, meaning the machine isn't causing a slowdown.

Thanks again for any other help.

Custom Search