PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c252 problems...advice?

Custom Search

joeyl328
09-23-2009, 08:31 PM
I recently purchased this badboy from a friend to help with my new office. The unit is saying "replace transfer unit" and the LCD screen turns on, but won't register when touched. I can use buttons on the side, but I cannot use the lcd touch screen. Anyone have a guess at cost to fix? I only paid $300 for the unit (it is almost too big/nice for my needs, but at that price...) and I don't want to put in too much to fix it. I am opening a chiropractic office, not a zillion copies a day or anything like that. So ANY advice would be appreaciated thanks!
Joel

JustManuals
09-23-2009, 08:56 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

mrwho
09-23-2009, 09:09 PM
If I remember correctly, if the machine needs the transfer unit, the touchscreen will have no function, since the machine is, in practice, locked-up.

No worries, though. If you search through this forum, you'll find instructions on putting your machine up and running again - no warranties on image quality, though.

Just do a search for "c252 transfer belt fuse" without quotes.

Good luck!

joeyl328
09-23-2009, 09:54 PM
I tried looking for transfer belt fuse and can't find any posts... Help???

mrwho
09-23-2009, 10:22 PM
As seen here (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/11366-bizhub-c-250-transfer-unit.html).

I noticed someone else already gave you a hand, now you got everything you need to reset that belt. Afterwards, let us know if there was indeed something wrong with the touchpanel or not.

Cheers!

joeyl328
09-24-2009, 01:32 AM
where can I find the 80 ma fuse? I have looked in hardware stores and radioshack and all I found is .315 amp. Will this work?

tuggerplum
09-24-2009, 02:44 AM
Use only 80ma, a larger rating fuse may damage your main board and then you will have a much bigger problem than just needing a transfer belt.

PeterG
09-24-2009, 04:37 AM
Presumably, you will be offering free chiropractic service to copier techs!

joeyl328
09-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks, and yes free or discounted chiropractic service to copier techs...:)

stevelz
09-24-2009, 02:42 PM
I found the fuses on Katun online. But I don't suggest this method. The manufactor does this to insure image quality. If you try to bypass the counter by replacing the fuse, you could be causing premature ware for uther units.
kolc.katun.com - b (http://kolc.katun.com)

Let me know if you wish to have the part number and the aprox cost of the transfer belt.

joeyl328
09-24-2009, 04:45 PM
so one final question: a friend of mine brought over 200ma fuses, will that work, or is that still too high?

don
09-26-2009, 06:57 AM
Hello all,

Can you just enter in ur tec mode to check if ur LCD is working properly or not. Don't worry abut the Transfer unit error.
Just check with it..

joeyl328
09-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Ok, so the fuse reset the message and the copier seems to be working fine. My only question now is, is this machine too much muscle for my needs? I am a chiropractor, I need to print/copy/fax/scan, but not thousands of pages. I only paid $300 for it, so it was a good price, should last a long time with toners before needing to buy new ones, but will the scanner work as a document scanner (a version of the scansnap)? I plan on having all my documents scanned in and shredded (paperless office). I could see about selling the printer, but getting a scansnap would be $450 and then I'd have to get an all-in one printer for about $400... Just curious on your thoughts guys. thanks!

copytechman
09-29-2009, 02:14 AM
Indeed it is a pretty beefy device, i have these in lawyers and accountants offices, they tend to do a lot of scanning.. I guess it depends, are the rest of the consumables bars (util/ctr > consumable life button) low? They may last u quite some time if you don't do a lot of printing.. Scanning is pretty straight forward with that model, built in scan to pdf functionality, tiff, jpg etc.. straight to a folder on a local pc no less if you want to.. It has some worth thats for sure.. whats the clicks? (colour/black) And they tend to make nice prints to boot...

Regards!
A.

joeyl328
09-29-2009, 02:19 AM
I printed out the consumables info:
Imaging unit
cyan: 3394
Magenta: 3395
Yellow: 4712
K: 549
Fusing Unit: 90274

When I bought the printer I got 3 of each color (no black) extra toners, and one yellow imaging unit...

copytechman
09-29-2009, 02:47 AM
Didnt make out too badly there since an imaging unit alone is worth approx $300 give or take some.. I'd make good use of it... and it'd hold up a bunch better than some $400 staples mfp device thats for sure..

Regards!
A.

hodgiepodgie
10-05-2009, 10:29 PM
i thnk you have to replace the t belt once the code has set.i believe one can turn off life counter after you replace belt.but if you wait too longyou will have copy quality issues.anyway you will have to call tech to fix it then have him turn off life counter

stevelz
10-05-2009, 11:26 PM
You did get a real good deal. You could double what you put into it by just selling the consumables. Your going to need a black toner on hand because it is the most used in color copiers. They are used for shadeing and for text. If I were you I would keep it. It has a good scanner on it and you won't out grow this machine in your business.

Best wishes

Custom Search