PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 250 need help to reset C2557 code

Custom Search

allbrandsrepair
09-24-2009, 04:45 AM
My customer tried to replace the drum on his KM Bizhub 250 himself. He did replace the drum, but not knowing what he was doing, he dumped the developer and replace it with toner. The code C2557 came up.

After I found out what he had done, I removed the toner and replaced it with developer, reset drum and maintenance counters, ran F8, and restarted the machine. The code came back up again.

I then installed a brand new developer unit, using the new developer I had just replaced into the old developer unit, reset drum and maintenance counters, ran F8 again. The machine came into ready, ran (1) copy, jamed on fuser entry and C2557 fired again. I then reset the switch in the back (right hand side), reset the switch on the main board, reset drum and maintenance counters, ran F8 again. The machine came into ready, ran (1) copy, jamed on fuser entry and C2557 fired again.

Any assistance or recommendations would be appreciated.

Si@danwood
09-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Go into service mode and adjust ATDC value to 85,this should get you working again

fixthecopier
09-24-2009, 11:52 AM
At this point, I would put another drum in.

J_Lee
09-14-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm having this problem also.. And I usually work on sharp. I relaced the drum and changed the developer/starter.. changed th ATDC to 85 and still this code??

racosta
09-14-2010, 08:08 PM
J_Lee you might need to pelace the ATDC sensor under your Dev unit.

Chip Resets SA
09-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Play with your ATDC value. If 85 doesn't work, put it up to 95 and so on. It is a guessing game but you will find it soon enough.

J_Lee
09-15-2010, 02:02 PM
How do you reset the developer count specifically.. Im used to Sharp so you'll have to excuse me.

Konica_jr
09-15-2010, 07:54 PM
from infohub :

Select Tech. Rep. Mode --> Counter --> Special Parts Counter --> PC Life.
2. Press the Clear Key to clear the counter value.
3. Turn OFF the main power switch.
4. Open the Right Door.
5. Remove the IU.
6. Remove four screws (silver) and disassemble the Photo Conductor Unit and the Developing Unit.
7. Replace the Photo Conductor Unit.
8. Remove three screws and the Developer Scattering Prevention Plate.
9. Remove the Toner Supply Port.
10. Remove the Developer.
11. Set the developer while rotating the gear in the direction of the arrow.
12. Reinstall the Toner Supply Port.
13. Using three screws, secure the Developer Scattering Prevention Plate.
14. Install the four screws to secure the Photo Conductor Unit and Developing Unit.
15. Install the IU in the copier.
16. Turn ON the main power switch.
17. Select Tech. Rep. Mode --> Function --> F8 and press the Start Key.

Konica_jr
09-15-2010, 08:03 PM
My customer tried to replace the drum on his KM Bizhub 250 himself. He did replace the drum, but not knowing what he was doing, he dumped the developer and replace it with toner. The code C2557 came up.

After I found out what he had done, I removed the toner and replaced it with developer, reset drum and maintenance counters, ran F8, and restarted the machine. The code came back up again.

I then installed a brand new developer unit, using the new developer I had just replaced into the old developer unit, reset drum and maintenance counters, ran F8 again. The machine came into ready, ran (1) copy, jamed on fuser entry and C2557 fired again. I then reset the switch in the back (right hand side), reset the switch on the main board, reset drum and maintenance counters, ran F8 again. The machine came into ready, ran (1) copy, jamed on fuser entry and C2557 fired again.

Any assistance or recommendations would be appreciated.

Try another developer, developer can only be calibrate one time.

fixthecopier
09-15-2010, 09:44 PM
If you tried to run it with out resetting the count you are screwed. Change the developer again, but first clear the counters.

Custom Search