PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 7272 Scanning

Custom Search

Mike copydoc
09-24-2009, 09:43 PM
I have KM 7272 w/ IP-511A. I would like to set-up the scanning feature on it. When I go to the scan screen, the network scan is highlighted, but the scan to HDD profiles are not. Is this machine missing the HDD? If it is, where can I get one? Thanks in advance!

mrwho
09-24-2009, 11:33 PM
If I remember correctly, the IP511A already has an HD. So, maybe this can help you:

DESCRIPTION: Trying to scan to BOX and the HDD is greyed out.
CAUSE: The IP scanner function is disabled.
SOLUTION: Softswitch 28-01 needs to be set to 0 to enable this function.

Alternatively, why use the HDD scanning? I think network scan is so much more user-friendly (the jobs just drop at the enduser's PC). Why not just use it?

HuronMan
09-25-2009, 05:33 AM
I'm pretty sure the scan to hdd is to the main body hard drive (hd105 mounted in back by system board). It will store scans for recall later or use the scantrip util. to retrieve them. The IP511a does come with a hdd(hd103??) but it's for the system files. The network scan will let you scan to email and ftp but smb isn't available.

mrwho
09-25-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm pretty sure the scan to hdd is to the main body hard drive (hd105 mounted in back by system board). It will store scans for recall later or use the scantrip util. to retrieve them. The IP511a does come with a hdd(hd103??) but it's for the system files. The network scan will let you scan to email and ftp but smb isn't available.

Once again, it's been some time since I last fiddled with a IP511A, but I think the machine has both of those functions.

Custom Search