PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7020 "Service Call F-26-3"

Custom Search

Rezraz
02-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Hi,
Does anybody know this problem? Appreciate a feedback, if possible.

Thanks, rezraz

CMB
02-06-2007, 05:35 PM
replace the TDS sensor and the developer. don't forget to run l-detect when finished.

also check and make sure the PCL is plugged in on the drum unit.

Rezraz
02-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the help.:)

TonerMonkey
02-10-2007, 01:12 AM
Don't forget to make sure your drum hasn't gone over life - any more than 100k and you should think about replacing it.

omnitech
12-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Going to a service call in the AM and google searched the error code and found this forum.

Thanks, Look forward to much chatting.:cool:

copytechman
12-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Just a quick note, sometimes (its happened to me) this isnt as simple as a dev change l-detect etc etc... those are the first things to try. it can boil down to a main driving board though... had it happen a couple of times.. notably on the 7222 series but still the same type of engine..
regards and good luck!
A!

omnitech
12-05-2008, 03:49 PM
I just found out, the car dealer where the machine is at, one of the mechanics went online and found the codes to reset the PM counter himself:eek:

I just ordered a bottle of DV, and will also use the opportunity to sell a full PM.

I love this line of work:D

PC techs are a dime a dozen, cannot even compete with the college kids...

But Copiers, Hell yeah! theres a craft that they don't teach in IT class.

And toner cartridges, theres another one... I treat each one like a mini processing unit, and since I am the tech, my guarantee cannot be beat.

Try this.. "If any cartridge ever fails and leaks toner into your machine, I will personally arrive on site to clean up the spill, and replace the cartridge"

Touch that with a ten foot pole Quill!

kiwitechnician
12-16-2008, 03:12 PM
I have met a few times with this issue but was nothing to do with developer even if the message is pointing out on it. It was burnt main motor or problem with main motor.At first I would test the main motor. I think there is code 41 output in 47 mode.

JC4525
01-07-2009, 09:37 PM
if you haven't solved your problem?
try making sure toner bottle is turning, adding toner.
if not check the toner supply unit.:)

kiwitechnician
01-08-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi,

Thanks, rezraz

Rezraz? are there any feedback?

Have you sorted it out already ?

redime
01-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Rezraz? are there any feedback?

Have you sorted it out already ?
F26-3 can be a bunch of things, from main motor fail, drum blade flip, bound up DV unit, the board... could probably name another half dozen things that will pop this code.

Take a bite out of high priced service (http://solutions.ogator.com/)

Pull up the latest all solutions and do a search for any Konica Model :cool:

omnitech
01-11-2009, 05:28 PM
So sorry, a simple DV change cured the problem.http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-578.gif

Techace
05-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi,

Thanks, rezraz

My friend, i am telling you my true story of fighting against this code. seven days before a customer call me to repair a machine 7020 having code f-26-3. i changed developer but "L detect shows 0006" and machine showing the same code then i clean sensor in developer unit, sensor in drum unit near cleaning blade and then i clean toner unit (behind the machine) and flush all toner from toner unit and change tds. but machine is same. THEN I OPENED THE BACKSIDE COVER OF THE MACHINE AND I CHANGED ONE CHIP (ONE THE BOARD YOU CAN SEE ONE BATTERY CHIP). THEN MACHINE STARTS WORKING AND MY PROBLEM SOLVED. now i am using same old drum and developer but no error code.

i am very happy.

smiley
05-20-2009, 02:59 AM
actualy threres nothing to do with that board icb.its the software swithc you have to turn on the 3-7. but you realy need a tds sensor for that problem.:)

redime
05-20-2009, 03:10 AM
My friend, i am telling you my true story of fighting against this code. seven days before a customer call me to repair a machine 7020 having code f-26-3. i changed developer but "L detect shows 0006" and machine showing the same code then i clean sensor in developer unit, sensor in drum unit near cleaning blade and then i clean toner unit (behind the machine) and flush all toner from toner unit and change tds. but machine is same. THEN I OPENED THE BACKSIDE COVER OF THE MACHINE AND I CHANGED ONE CHIP (ONE THE BOARD YOU CAN SEE ONE BATTERY CHIP). THEN MACHINE STARTS WORKING AND MY PROBLEM SOLVED. now i am using same old drum and developer but no error code.

i am very happy.
So you replaced the NVRAM?

You'll see the machine back in for the same, or very similar issues... mark my words :o It may take 1-3 months based on volume, but you just faked the machine out telling it that it had good values for your L-Detect to get it running.

Not really sure this is a "cure" for your issue. Please do come back if/when the machine comes back in for service to let us know what the real issue is. Ive seen wrong toner bottles in machines, katun put the wrong bottle in the wrong box, and customer managed to get it in pretty easily. Seen SOOooooo many different things leading to this code. It can be really tricky.

fishleg
05-20-2009, 07:44 AM
What does Sw3-7 do as its not listed in the service manual ?

I too have had this one many a time if the dev has been correctly installed before as new then its usually just a case of the dev way past its sell by date.

If you run L-detect the code you get usually gives you a decent hint.
004 - Usually a bad td sensor
005 - Bad Dev (you will never change this code tried everything and its always new dev)
006 - Dirty sensor on drum

New dev on L-detect is usually between 55-70 so that always will give you an idea on how decent the dev is.

I've seen it once on the 7222 with the wrong toner which involves a major strip down of drum, recycle, dev just to remove all the wrong toner from the machine very costly.

Does anyone know what the actual number on L-detect means I always just figured it was arbitrary number to give a guide but not really sure to be honest.

smiley
05-20-2009, 08:12 AM
3-7n in sofware swicht it will desable toner sensor and let you use the machine even it is over tone or have a error code f26-2 or 26-3.:)

fishleg
05-20-2009, 07:23 PM
wow thats a handy one didnt know you could do that. So if you had this at a customers would it let the machine run till you get some new dev or will it just use the toner thats in the dev unit and just never add more ?

smiley
05-21-2009, 01:52 AM
yes it will just used the toner only on the dev.it will never drop toner from the cartrigde.:)

Custom Search