PDA

View Full Version : EP1054 extremely dark copies?

Custom Search

OutlawTorn
09-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Hey all, here is one for the oldies!

I was recently trying to improve the copy quality on an old EP1054 machine. Unfortunately, instead of running the F5 test I ran the F8 test first and since I have had these near black copies.

I have tried changing the developer and running the F5 adjustment but it just wont correct itself. I have also ruled out the problem being a cleaning blade ot dirty optics.

can anyone help as the machine is heading for the graveyard at the moment?!

thanks in advance.

Setright
09-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Is there a direct ATDC gain adjustment in service mode?

Sorry, that machine is before my time, but I think you need to increase the gain..

tonerspot
09-25-2009, 03:02 PM
first clean mirror, in f3 you can manualy adjust expo lamp level

oce bill
09-25-2009, 05:52 PM
When you accidentally F8 the machine it filled the dev tank with toner from the bottle in the front cover, This is why the image is almost a sky shot,
You need to take out the image unit and and vac out all the dev from the unit,
then replace the toner bottle with a fresh bottle of dev,Close the front cover and re-F8 the machine.this will set up the toner to dev ratio and should sort your problems,
One last thought you say the drum and blade are fine make sure the drum blade has been released fully so it cleans the drum properly,then you can use F3and F5 to adjust the lamp to suit your requirements,
Good Luck

OutlawTorn
09-28-2009, 11:02 AM
I have already changed the developer oce bill, one of the first things I tired.

it made no difference to the copy whatsoever, which surprised me.

I have also run the F3 mode and that made no difference either!

stumped.

Hansoon
09-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Mirror knocked out of position?

Hans

minimerlin
09-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Dev bias connection? Also what is the copy like in manual and auto exposure? Can you change exposures?

Custom Search