PDA

View Full Version : c450 set default scan settings

Custom Search

memphis
09-25-2009, 08:59 PM
How do you program default scan settings so it applies to all users? Using standard controller btw. I want to set the machine so that it scans in black and white only, by default it's on auto and users would have to change it to black every time. Thanks.

buster68
09-25-2009, 09:31 PM
select you scan settings, then press the Utilty/Counter key to the right of the screen.
In utility, select #2 User Settings, #4 Scan/Fax Settings, select Default Scan/Fax Settings, select Current Setting, then hit OK.

memphis
09-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Hi. Thanks for the response but I followed what you said but I didn't see those specific options. When I got into Utility/Counter >> User Settings : #4 is Copier Settings #5 is Scanner Settings and even under scanner settings there are only 3 possible choice: Jpeg Compression, Black Compression, Scanner time-out. Is this due to a different firmware? Thanks

memphis
09-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Update:

I finally figured it out. After going changing the settings yourself. You go to Utility --> User Settings --> then select #3 Initial Settings, Select Current Setting then OK.

Thanks

apache_cat
09-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Update:

I finally figured it out. After going changing the settings yourself. You go to Utility --> User Settings --> then select #3 Initial Settings, Select Default Settings then OK.

Thanks

Shouldn't that be select current settings to change it to the new settings you have just entered.

memphis
09-26-2009, 01:48 AM
Shouldn't that be select current settings to change it to the new settings you have just entered.

sorry typo. i'll update the previous post. thanks

Custom Search