PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c350 color problems

Custom Search

brent
09-28-2009, 07:36 PM
long story short. copy quality was great and then I had a connection issue. replaced the mfb board. after that the image quality went really poor. so 3 weeks ago I went out there and checked it out. and what is happening is the red and the greens are really bright. so bright that they actually color in everything around what is supposed to be colored. the blues and yellows are ok. so I ran an image stabilization and that did not help. but I noticed that before I did the image stable it did not have any numbers in the box in that area. question is. now that I have stabilized it again about 5 times what else should I do to get my colors back to normal. i am sure that the new board is the culprit.
any advice is appreciated.

brent

minimerlin
09-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Do you mean that you did gradation adjust? Before you do this you need to do a reset and stabilisation and then carry out the grad adjust until the values no longer change and then just do a stabilisation.

stevelz
09-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Are you getting any service codes at all?

brent
09-28-2009, 09:06 PM
I did the gradation adjustment. and the numbers were in deed changing. even in the set up instructions it is kind of unclear if each time you do an adj and print the 11 by 17 sheet out if you put the new sheet on the glass every time for like 2 additional times? also the more I did the gradation adjust it didn't seem to improve the copy quality. mabee I should follow minimerlins advice. and reset first and start over.

thanks

brent

brent
09-28-2009, 09:23 PM
missed ya stevelz no p codes no service codes at all

brent

907tec
09-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Definitely use the new chart that is printed out each go-around. Each time it reads the new chart, makes some adjustments, then sends out another test. By reading the new test charts each time, the machine can recognize the minute differences made between cycles and make additional adjustments accordingly.

You said that the reds were really bright, and beginning to color in the areas around them. Does that mean that the toner is flaring out side of the intended image area? If the color is not very well defined at the edges, and seems to be more saturated than normal, I would take a look at that imaging unit.

Post some scans (if you can) that show the problem, or maybe some cmyk test charts.

brent
09-28-2009, 10:17 PM
I will do that tomorrow. sounds good to me.

thanks

brent

brent
09-29-2009, 07:23 PM
here is a example of the red color being so bright that it can not be contained in the lines. where should I start?

thanks

brent

mo0651
09-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Pull all IU's out and give the printheads a good cleaning. Then do the initialization and stablization in tech rep. Then do your gradation adjust.:cool:

907tec
09-29-2009, 09:00 PM
1st, and cheapest option: clean the area beneath each imaging unit. Use the wand on the door saturated with alcohol to clean the long plastic strips beneath each imaging unit. A little bit of toner on there can cause similar "burn" effects like you have.

2nd option: try out some different imaging units. i would at least try yellow and magenta, but maybe cyan as well.

Do you know how to make internal test prints on the machine? If so, create some patterns that show each imaging unit individually. Looks like theres some fuzz happening in your greens as well, could be yellow IU affecting both, or could be signs of more IU troubles.

Either way, I'd try the cleaning wand if you havent already. Then move on to checking the IU's themselves.

Bizhub
09-30-2009, 08:42 PM
First of all update the firmware on the machine, when you fit a new board always update the firmware.
Does the flaring happen only on prints or does it happen when copying also?
If it is a print issue then try different drivers (PS and PCL)
If copying is affected then you will need to look at the leds and imaging units

Good Luck

brent
10-27-2009, 03:11 PM
I cleaned the led assys and the problem is gone. I appreicate your help. sorry it took so long. just fixed it yesterday. i wish there was a way that we could all report back to this board on our progress when we ask a question and if it fixes our problem we need to report back.. thanks

brent

Custom Search