PDA

View Full Version : Konica 2223

Custom Search

GottaFixEmAll
09-29-2009, 09:08 AM
A bit old, yes ...
Just replaced the fan for an F-54 issue, now I have a front door interlock issue ... I know that there are two interlocks actuated by the front door and mechanically they both push down when the door is closed ... the exhaust fan runs with the door closed and stops when opened ... in fact if the scanner is brought over to the right side it will return for a short while then stops ... there is a service bulletin on this ( shorted AC loads ) I disconnected CBR1 and duplicated the front door code ??? I took the fan unit out and re-installed to check for pinched wires ... I'm at abit of a loss on this one, and the service manual is a bit shy of help on this. I think I might try pulling each AC load in turn to see if that's it ???? Any Ideas ??? THX .... Mike

mrwho
09-29-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm not sure if I understand your actual problem - do you get any error code? And, if I remember correctly, the front door only has one interlock switch (it is an actuator that pushes a switch on the backside of the machine).

Anyway, can you please specify more clearly about your current issue (please bear in mind that english is not my primary language, so I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious).

Cheers!

GottaFixEmAll
09-29-2009, 05:39 PM
I have a : "Close Front Door" message on the control panel !!! the front door is closed ... the fan runs and the optics will seek home for a short time before it says: "Close front Door" again, there are two interlock switches activated by the front door and yes, they are in back of the Power Supply ... in looking at the schematic diagram, I'm having trouble locating the problem. One of the switches is the same as that one that causes all the problems in the 7033/40/45 ( door switch ) -- Their is a factory bulletin in my manual that addresses the problem and states that various AC loads if shorted to the Frame can trip CBR1 and this will give you the symptom: "Close Front Door" -- THe machine was working before replacing the main fan although it did give the F-54 code, I took the fan assembly out again to check for pinched wires, even ran it outside of the machine (no luck) -- problem is that this machine is old enough that most techs won't remember it ..... I'm an independent tech and as a result get some of the old stuff ( hey it's a living ) ... any ideas ??? ..... Mike

mrwho
09-29-2009, 06:10 PM
One of the switches is the same as that one that causes all the problems in the 7033/40/45 ( door switch )

If you don't have a switch to replace that one, you can try to disassemble that switch and look at the contacts inside to see if they appear to be burned up. If they do, use some fine sandpaper to remove the burned up matter on the contacts and try again. At least, it's what I do on the 7040s when I have that problem and no spare switch handy.

Anyway, here's what I got (probably you already got some of this):

DESCRIPTION: Error code P51 at power up.
Cause : Defective power supply board
Solution : Replace the Power Supply Board p/n : 35EF8451*

DESCRIPTION: Code 51 at power up.
CAUSE: A loss of AC input voltage to connector BT3, on the power supply board (PSB). This is due to an open circuit breaker (CBR1).
SOLUTION: Inspect all AC loads and wiring for a short to frame, repair as necessary. Reset CBR1 and confirm that line AC voltage, approximately 110V AC, has returned to connector BT3 on the PSB.
Notes:
1. Connector BT3 is located on the middle, right side of the PSB.
2. CBR1 is mounted to the PSB frame and is located to the right of connector BT3.
3. The following are all the AC voltage loads, connected to the PSB, that can trip CBR1:
LOAD CONNECTOR(S)
Exposure lamp (L1) 43
Fixing heater lamp (L2) FT9 & FT10
Internal heater (PTC1). 45
Optional DB heater (PTC2). 45
Optional mirror heater (PTC3) 49
Front door interlock switch (MS1) FT3 & FT4

Good luck!

mrwho
09-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Also, check if the actuator that runs from the front of the machine into the back (to activate the interlock switch) is not bent or anything like that. Same thing for the door actuators.

GottaFixEmAll
09-29-2009, 09:14 PM
I have the same bulletin, and THANKS by the way ... I went back out this morning and took the power supply out and on a hunch took it apart, I had lost a screw when I was putting the fan unit back in and couldn't find it ( you guessed it ) I found a screw wedged behind the board in the area of that circut breaker .. it had welded itself to the metal case of the power supply !!! FELT REALLY DUMB but was thankful to find the problem ... nothing else was blown and the machine works perfectly !!!!

Thanks Again !!!

Mike

mrwho
09-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Nice to know it. You got lucky! :)

Cheers!

Custom Search