PDA

View Full Version : 7085 - Blacks come out gray

Custom Search

mrwho
09-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Hello there, people.

I've got a customer whose 7085 prints out copies with the blacks as grey, even with the density set at maximum. Same thing happens with internal test prints (patter 12 gives me gray squares).

I'm still looking into it, but if someone knows of the solution off the top of his head, feel free to elucidate me. :)

Cheers!

edwin3268
09-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Hello there, people.

I've got a customer whose 7085 prints out copies with the blacks as grey, even with the density set at maximum. Same thing happens with internal test prints (patter 12 gives me gray squares).

I'm still looking into it, but if someone knows of the solution off the top of his head, feel free to elucidate me. :)

Cheers!
Not sure about that model ....but I had the same problem on a panasonic copier. I finally just took out the developer unit and dumped all the old developer and vaccumm out the inside. clean the cleaning blade and re-filled it with a new bottle of developer and put it back together...walla....no nore grey prints...and density was fine.

bubblegoose72
09-29-2009, 07:10 PM
I used to have a 7085 that I dealt with that had a bit of a chronic problem with this. Developer age affected it somewhat, but not really the root. If the developer was too old, you just didn't have a chance. I tackled it with laser intensity and main charger current adjustments. It would hold for a while, but seems I had to go out every couple of months or so. Good thing is that this combination pretty much did the trick. It does seem like transfer and sep outputs occaisionally came into play...

minimerlin
09-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Sounds like dead developer to me..what is its count, is it due a PM?

mrwho
09-30-2009, 12:13 AM
Indeed the machine is just past a PM (the parts counter are at around 520k), but the customer complains that the machine did that since before the previous PM (the machine was maintained by another company before, so I don't know for sure about its history, only what the customer tells me).

watson
09-30-2009, 01:20 AM
I would make sure they aren't using generic toner. Have had lots of laser problems with these models also.

mrwho
09-30-2009, 08:07 AM
I've got enough reason to believe that is not the case. :)

Albonline
09-30-2009, 01:18 PM
check drum ground and developer conductive bearings, open them and repack with conductive grease. the drum potemtial sensor will also cause symtoms you decribe.

mrwho
09-30-2009, 02:24 PM
check drum ground and developer conductive bearings, open them and repack with conductive grease. the drum potemtial sensor will also cause symtoms you decribe.

Thanks, Albonline, I got the hunch that's probably the problem here! As soon as I get the chance to check it out (waiting for the customer to give the go-ahead) I'll post here.

Custom Search