PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 500 B&W

Custom Search

poz31
09-29-2009, 08:58 PM
I’m working on a Bizhub 500 B&W…. Replaced developer ‘cuase the developer was grey and copies were coming light….
After the TCR adjustment the result was not good (NG) and started throwing C 2803
(TCR output abnormality. When the output ripple voltage of the TCR sensor (TCRS) is less than 0.5 V)..
Tried to reset (main Switch and utility) copier resets and goes back to the code c2803
Is there another step to replaced developer?
(Throw old, replace with new, ran TRC adjustment)????

Any help on this problem?

907tec
09-29-2009, 09:13 PM
I haven't done too many dev changes on this box yet. But, if memory serves me, a lot of techs have been saying this model is especially picky about doing a dev change without a drum at the same time. I know I've gotten it to work in the past without, but it sounds like it's a rare occurence in the field.

Got a drum?

minimerlin
09-29-2009, 09:35 PM
I’m working on a Bizhub 500 B&W…. Replaced developer ‘cuase the developer was grey and copies were coming light….
After the TCR adjustment the result was not good (NG) and started throwing C 2803
(TCR output abnormality. When the output ripple voltage of the TCR sensor (TCRS) is less than 0.5 V)..
Tried to reset (main Switch and utility) copier resets and goes back to the code c2803
Is there another step to replaced developer?
(Throw old, replace with new, ran TRC adjustment)????

Any help on this problem?
Did you by any chance vacum out the dev tank...with the sensor still in it? If you did it is toast!!

fixthecopier
09-29-2009, 10:21 PM
If the drum had a large count, that could be part of the problem.

HuronMan
09-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Did you by any chance vacum out the dev tank...with the sensor still in it? If you did it is toast!!
Had a tech call me the other day who did this. He popped the sensor vacuuming the unit. Take that thing off if ya need to vac.

freefall
09-30-2009, 01:52 AM
Were there any 2803s b4 the dev change ? If there were then the reason for the grey developer is that the toner bottle drive assy is screwed up . try output mode 56 sub 1 to see if the motor rotates . We've had 500s and 501s with bad toner bottles, dirty bottle position sensors and whole toner drive assys go bad. These units have awful toner drive units. Last week I replaced 2 myself. Goodluck

Kmdurrin
09-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Check the developer drive belt (it can come loose and throw this code when the agitator stops turning). I've also had this code when the M4 drive motor went bad.

poz31
10-02-2009, 11:46 PM
OK…so finally I went back to this copier
Before I did anything I checked up the developer unit…..I found that the actual developer was gone….
Drum was clean…no toner or developer drop on the transport area……and developer was found on the cleaning area ( cleaning blade) all the way to the hopper tank…
Mmmmm weird never have seen something like this especially since the developer was nowhere to be found but on the tonner hopper……….
Weird indeed... The developer (not just toner) is been recycle ….
That is probably why is throwing the TRC failure code….

Now my question is what or why a developer is been transported to the toner hopper (as if it was toner)
By the way last time a changed a new developer from a new bag….
Any input will be appreciated

minimerlin
10-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Sounds like you have a problem with bias/charge, dev is getting dragged over to the drum.

Custom Search