PDA

View Full Version : C353 Error code D004 HDD problems

Custom Search

excanonguy
09-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Anyone have any experience with this service error code? The machine is brand new out of the box , if you turn off the HDD the copier comes to life normally, just without the features associated with the HDD, if I turn on the HDD in service mode it will not allow me to format the drive without rebooting the copier.... reboot the copier and the error comes back, replaced the hard drive today...same error! Other than ordering some boards ( which I am sceptical are the cause of the problem) anyone seen this?

copytechman
09-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Interesting.. have you attempted a machine reflash (just in case of a corrupted mfp board?) Otherwise, if you rep'd hdd with same size and approx type... then you really only have 2 other choices.. a bad cable or bad mfp board.. since the hdd directly connects to it... do you have another machine you can play swapsies with to aid in tshooting? Otherwise you did both format types? (physical, and logical? Physical takes forever!)

Regards.
A.

excanonguy
09-30-2009, 12:21 AM
Not yet, I am gonna flash it in the morning when I get to the shop...its the same drive new from Konica...I do have another 353 in the shop but its supposed to go out day after tomorrow so the service manager is VERY reluctant about letting me swap the MFP board. If you try to do the physical it just sits at 0%. It wont even let me try the logical...haha machine was supposed to go out tomorrow, oh well stuff happens eh! I will post my sucess or lack thereof tomorrow . But I will sure listen to any other suggestions!

Steve

buster68
09-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Have you tried going in thru the backdoor access to service mode to format the HDD? You know, press and hold the utility key while turning on the copier. When "TroubleReset" shows up, put in the codes to get into servicemode (stop, 0,0,stop,0,1). Then 92729272 is the password.

I would recommend doing the physical format, then the logical.

Albonline
09-30-2009, 04:10 PM
i would try flashing this unit before anything else!

excanonguy
10-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Have you tried going in thru the backdoor access to service mode to format the HDD? You know, press and hold the utility key while turning on the copier. When "TroubleReset" shows up, put in the codes to get into servicemode (stop, 0,0,stop,0,1). Then 92729272 is the password.

I would recommend doing the physical format, then the logical.

Yep tried it...as soon as you finish the service mode code it gives the error before you can do the 92729272...if you try either physical or logical it doesnt do anything just sits there, the start button doesnt turn blue to even let you start the format.

excanonguy
10-01-2009, 11:33 PM
i would try flashing this unit before anything else!

Alredy tried it ...twice ! didnt do a thing..we tested the original HDD today with a laptop and it seemed fine...it did have 3 partitions though, not sure if that would affect anything? I am waithing for the MFP and main boards to show up from Konica ( they have some free loaner boards for wierd problems like this ) to try those. If i have time tomorrow I am gonna put the orig HDD in a 203 we have at the shop and try and format it there then put it in the 353 and see what happens. I also checked all fuses and ICP protectors on the MFP and main board today and all were fine. Updates will follow! Hopefully with the solution .:o

jaime3gz
10-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Is there a solution. Did replacing the MFP resolve the issue? I have the same error on a New C353 and replacing HDD didnt work. I have a MFP on order....

excanonguy
10-07-2009, 08:54 PM
I got the mfp but have not had time to test it yet....goin in to the shop in the am tomorrow(Thursday) I will test it tomorrow and let you know if I have any sucess.

excanonguy
10-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Is there a solution. Did replacing the MFP resolve the issue? I have the same error on a New C353 and replacing HDD didnt work. I have a MFP on order....

I just changed the MFP this morning ,fixed the problem:D but because the new HDD hadnt been formatted I got a code C-D010, did the format and re-boot and shes working fine.

Steve

jaime3gz
10-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Cool...I just got my board in and hopefully the results the same..Customers really use there scanning more these days....Thanks for the info...

Custom Search