PDA

View Full Version : C253 Causing Word to crash

Custom Search

joneze
09-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi all,

Customer has a C253. Sometimes when she goes into the print properties to print word just freezes up. She then has to re-open the document and try again.

I was there this morning and have seen it do this for myself it was initally shared from the server. So today i installed it locally and still the same problem. I also tried some other print drivers installed and i could not get them to cause word to freeze. The PC itself has also been changed and it still does the same on the new PC.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what could be causing this.

Thanks
Mark

copytechman
09-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Yes, it may appear to freeze if you left the acquire settings automatically function enabled on the tab in the driver where you set up the options.. it'll query the printer every time the properties dialog opens to get its options/trays etc etc... i always leave it unchecked cuz depending on the pc, the lag time (sometimes upto 5 secs or more) can make it look like a freeze-up.... at least thats what I've seen!

Regards!
A.

buster68
09-30-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm on board with Copytechman...uncheck auto acquire. Also, I would recommend using the PCL driver over the PS for any Microsoft Office programs.

Frontpanel
10-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Hello Buster68, can you explain the comment about the pcl driver?

buster68
10-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Hello Buster68, can you explain the comment about the pcl driver?

I've seen better results with printing from Microsoft Office using the PCL driver over the PS. Just my opinion.

Custom Search