PDA

View Full Version : print job takes long to send

Custom Search

sveri
10-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi all,

i have a bizhub c253 in our office. It works fine so far, but everytime a user sends a job the message window appears that the job gets printed and takes approximately 5-15 seconds until it vanishes, depending on the size of the job.

The printer before (bizhunb cxxxx) didnt need that much time.

Greetings and thanks in Advance
Sven

billwills
10-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Do you have to enter an id code to make a photocopy on this machine? If so, that could be why you cannot print. Enter id number in print preferences.

100spc
10-09-2009, 11:07 PM
With a new machine comes different drivers and settings, perhaps you have these set to high or higher quality than the last and as such is creating slightly bigger print jobs that take longer to process?

God forbid anyone should wait 5-15 seconds, however.

pepper38_cnd
10-10-2009, 01:04 AM
5 to 15 seconds is not a lot of time keep in mind this is a MFP not just a printer a MFP always has to receive a job and determine what function it is going to preform? Fax, Copy, Print, Scan, a printer only doesn't have to do this it knows everything coming at it is a print job. Also a MFP always completely finishes and ejects a job before starting the next so there is often a 2 to 3 second pause between jobs, this is normal. If you do not need the benefits that come along with an MFP then just get a printer. I personally think the benefits far out way the minor time delays, but yes I still have customers complaining about a few seconds per print job.

Custom Search