PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7075 Password Reset

Custom Search

Elypsis
10-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi all,

We have a 7075 which I want to change the TCP/IP port on.

It currently is set to 10000 but should be 100001 as all the client computers that print to it are set to 10001. Rather than run around changing the ports on all the computers I'd like to just change it on the copier to match.

I can log on to the copier through a browser but I can't change the port number as it keeps asking me for a password. I have no idea what this is but I've tried all the common ones (Admin,admin,1111,0000,sysadmin,12345678,etc.) as well as ones I use.

Is there a way I can reset this password so I can proceed to solve my port problem?

Albonline
10-05-2009, 01:42 PM
default pw is sysadm. to reset pull nic from ip look at jumpers 1 says fact next to it. set it to fact reinstall in ip turn it on for 10 minutes then remove and set jumper to original position. pw will now be sysadm.

Elypsis
10-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Awesome, it worked..."sysadm" it is! :)

Thanks for the help, I've been keeping a close eye on the forum since I posted yesterday.

mrwho
10-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Be aware that many Konica machines add one point to the configured port. So, if you got it configured with 10000, then in reality you should print to the 10001. Similarly, if you want to configure the machine to port 9100, you should configure it with port 9099.
I don't know if the 7075 works like that, but some machines do.

Elypsis
10-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up...this whole issue (of not being able to print to it) cropped up when it was simply relocated to another office. When I saw that the port was set to 10000 on the machine I thought that may be the issue. It's still not answering print job even after I changed the port.

I can ping the machine from all the computers (so I know that the actual connection is okay to it) but it just won't print when I tell it to.

hachetman
10-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up...this whole issue (of not being able to print to it) cropped up when it was simply relocated to another office. When I saw that the port was set to 10000 on the machine I thought that may be the issue. It's still not answering print job even after I changed the port.

I can ping the machine from all the computers (so I know that the actual connection is okay to it) but it just won't print when I tell it to.
You might try setting the port to lpr and port1 this works for us on 7065's

mrwho
10-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Just a question: Where is the RJ45 port on the machine you're connecting to? You should plug the network cable into the network port (if installed) of the print controller (behind the small door on the left of the machine, when viewing from the front). The machine usually has other RJ45 connector on the back, but it is used only for accessing jobs on the HD.

I assume that, if you managed to access the machine configuration to change the printing port, it is connected to the right place, but still, it's something worth checking. :)

Albonline
10-06-2009, 03:33 PM
are you able to print test pages from main body test print menu? is the firewire cable plugged in? can you print a test page from the web interface?

Elypsis
10-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, the cable is plugged into the proper spot. Thanks, though. :)

Just a question: Where is the RJ45 port on the machine you're connecting to? You should plug the network cable into the network port (if installed) of the print controller (behind the small door on the left of the machine, when viewing from the front). The machine usually has other RJ45 connector on the back, but it is used only for accessing jobs on the HD.

I assume that, if you managed to access the machine configuration to change the printing port, it is connected to the right place, but still, it's something worth checking. :)

Elypsis
10-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Uh oh, now I think you're on to something...I remember seeing a firewire cable unplugged on the back. Only one end was plugged in. Where should it be attached? :D

are you able to print test pages from main body test print menu? is the firewire cable plugged in? can you print a test page from the web interface?

Albonline
10-06-2009, 04:18 PM
1 end goes to the ip unit (this is where the nic cable should be also).the other end goes into the upper rear almost behind one of the adf hinges.the ip unit has a firewire card in it.

Custom Search