PDA

View Full Version : di450 cant do printing

Custom Search

petrus
10-05-2009, 05:32 AM
my problem is the machine does'nt printing the job I send.
I do ping comand and its reply.the network I tried change from known
good cable.
anyone have an idea? really appriciated.
thanks.

second thing -how I can get the ip adress for di450 if the config page does'nt printed initially when the machine wormup?

buster68
10-06-2009, 01:37 PM
more information is needed. What type of controller? Pi5501 or Fiery tower-Pi5500?

petrus
10-07-2009, 02:57 AM
What do you mean of type controller? I not quit familier whit this printer.
is the Big board behind the network board?

RRodgers
10-07-2009, 03:56 AM
Sounds like you have a Fiery if you have a box bolted to the back. Hit the Utility key and see if you see an icon that says "Controller Detail" Hit that, then menu, then print pages, then print configuration sheet. IP should be on there.

Hansoon
10-07-2009, 05:15 AM
the Big board behind the network board?Obviously the embedded Pi-5501.
Since you can ping it you have the IP-Address already. Enter it in a browser than the web interface of the machine will come up and you can do modifications. Password usually: sysadm

Set the driver to LPR printing, spooler name: print, Byte counting enabled.

Should work that way, however the NIC's of these machines tend to become less and less reliable when aging. An indication for that situation might be how fast the Web Interface comes up after entering the IP address in a browser.

second thing -how I can get the ip adress for di450 if the config page does'nt printed initially when the machine wormup?

That's a long procedure but as long as you can approach the web interface normally no need for it.

Hans

TheOwl
10-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Here are the two setups depending on the controller type.

PI-5500
RAW - 9100
LPR - print
Turn on 'LPR Byte Counting' if using LPR

PI-5501
RAW - 10001
LPR - PORT1

These are the factory setups, but the PI-5500 Fiery controller may need port 9100 enabled on it as they aren't out of the box.

To check these settings, go in to the printer properties and then go to the 'Port' tab. Click 'Configure Port' and try changing the settings to those above.

Let us know how you go.

petrus
10-07-2009, 11:15 AM
ok, let me tell you more.
one of the machine I dont know the ip address.this is di550 model.so how i can access the web page if I dont know the IP?

second machine is, I already install the printer driver, I can ping but if I
print the test page it doesn't come out.

what the problem?

Hansoon
10-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I think we are turning around in circles.

1st machine.

one of the machine I dont know the ip address.this is di550 model.so how i can access the web page if I dont know the IP?Will send tonight an instruction how to handle this if none of the other guys jumps in in the mean time.

2nd machine.

Since you can ping it you have the IP-Address already. Enter it in a browser than the web interface of the machine will come up and you can do modifications. Password usually: sysadm
Did you try this first?

Hans

RRodgers
10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
On the Konica's (if the interface is the same at all and if it's the embeded controller) just goto users, printer settings, print reports, print configuration.

TheOwl
10-07-2009, 11:02 PM
On the Konica's (if the interface is the same at all and if it's the embeded controller) just goto users, printer settings, print reports, print configuration.

This is only on the newer machines. Unfortunately the Di450 / 550 is alot older than that.

TheOwl
10-07-2009, 11:14 PM
ok, let me tell you more.
one of the machine I dont know the ip address.this is di550 model.so how i can access the web page if I dont know the IP?

second machine is, I already install the printer driver, I can ping but if I
print the test page it doesn't come out.

what the problem?

Does the print job leave the print spool on the computer?

If it doesn't leave the spool, then it is more than likely a bad bad port setup in the print driver.

If it deos leave the spool on the computer, then you might have an issue with your print controller.

As for the machine that isn't printing it's NIC Config page out, try turning on the machine without the network cable plugged into it. You might have to wait 10 mins, but this will usually make the machine print the NIC Config page.

petrus
10-09-2009, 02:45 AM
the print job are leave on the computer until I cancel the it.

TheOwl
10-13-2009, 11:20 PM
the print job are leave on the computer until I cancel the it.

Sounds like the port settings are incorrect then.

Read one of my earlier posts which has the port settings in it and make sure they are correct.

To check on you computer, go to Start - Settings - Printers and Faxes then got your print properties - Port - Configure Port.

Maybe even send a screen shot of your port settings if need be.

petrus
10-14-2009, 02:04 AM
I think the port is ok.Cause I can view the web page of the machine
eg. IP 192.168.1.100.
I can ping the ip.:confused::eek::confused:

TheOwl
10-14-2009, 02:12 AM
The web interface and the printing ports are two different things. Viewing the web interface will allow you to change port settings, but doesn't change them for the print driver.

Make sure that the print driver's port settings are ok.

Custom Search