PDA

View Full Version : C450 printing photos

Custom Search

SKTeK315
10-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi everyone. I've got a C450 that prints photos in a document kind of dim, dark. Cust. Has a Ricoh c3030 next to it and it prints brighter than the c450. C450 does not have a fiery on it. Self generated print is good & light & bright. It looks like thephoto was taken at dusk. Only on the c450. The Ricoh print looks like it was taken during the day. All the same photo. Whatust be done to c450 to get that photo printed brighter, so it looks like day time ? Thanks

emujo
10-05-2009, 01:09 PM
On something like this, there may be nothing you can do, comparing the output on 2 different MFPs is apples to oranges...that being said...

1. Ensure I/Us, xfer belt, and 2nd xfer roller are within life span, not rechipped, set to run past life cycle etc...
2. run gradation adjustments
3. Choose Photo mode in driver preferences when printing photos
4. with in the driver tab under color management, windows, by default will choose the color profile. Select manual and try a few different profiles to make the printer more closely match what you see on the monitor.

SKTeK315
10-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Thank you. That's a start. I'll try that

SKTeK315
10-06-2009, 05:35 PM
How & what would a fiery do or change & will it help with my problem

emujo
10-07-2009, 12:41 AM
The fiery is great for printshops that need to control and re-work jobs, users that print with In-Design, or other DTP, have graphic design needs etc because the fiery will allow great detail when editing color. But, a Fiery on a MFP that can't reproduce the corect color gamut will not make any difference. Fix the issues that are keeping the MFP from producing the colors the user wants (assuming they are realistic needs) and that will probably resolve your issue. EMujo

mascan42
10-07-2009, 01:26 AM
In addition to the above, make sure the customer is using the same type of paper in both machines. Paper stock can make all the difference when it comes to the brightness of color copies. My preferred color stock is Hammermill Color Copy.

SKTeK315
10-07-2009, 02:27 AM
Thank you, Emujo & Mascan42.
Please keep the info, at your convinience, coming. I need help with this. I know copiers. I understand how they work. Been doing this for a long time. With out training been doing pretty well.
Problem is, I work with used equipment & to fix it all, have only the same used equipment. I understand & know that stuff needs to be at least with in the 1st life cycle. We all know that if we go by the manual, it would be very expensive to keep & maintain a Mach. Having said all that, I know that even with worn out cunsumables we can still make it work. I'm not saying that the drums, blades , dv, transf. belts & rollers are completely wasted. All still in decent cond. Please give. Give as much as you can.
Lol. Thanks guys.

RRodgers
10-07-2009, 03:54 AM
I'd be willing to bet that they are using the PCL driver. Try the Postscript driver, (maybe vice versa) But I've seen were one is noticeably darker than the other. Also be sure to use AT LEAST 96 bright white paper. The higher the number the better. Also some coated stock will really help it pop.

copytechman
10-07-2009, 04:05 AM
I'd second the hammermill color copy paper... it's da good stuff and it truly can make a night/day type difference too! Also Pcl vs PS, try both and use the one u like the best result from!

A!

SKTeK315
10-07-2009, 05:02 AM
Thank you all so much.
Cust. had heavy glossy paper in the Ricoh. I loaded same paper. No change. I can adj. self generated prints. The 1 with the bird but not the print job with photo in it. Does that mean that the Mach is not the problem. ?
Is it all in the print driver setting.
Should I try a fiery ?

Albonline
10-07-2009, 01:30 PM
if you want the most flexability, adjutability, image reliability then yes install a fiery!

Custom Search