PDA

View Full Version : Minolta 3102 scan how to???

Custom Search

captain1976
10-06-2009, 02:04 PM
I have the print controller set up to my computer. It works fine but I am trying to scan a color document and send it to the computer. I don't have a manual which shows how to configure it. There was a bunch of emails on it from the old owner which I was able to delete using the pagescope procedure, but how do I get it to scan to the PC?
The Operations Manual says to refer to the manual for the printer controller but I can't find it online anywhere.

Thanks

buster68
10-06-2009, 06:20 PM
which print controller do you have? The C3102 had 2 options for print controllers...the Cn3101e (embedded controller) and the Fiery CN3102 (Fiery X3e). If you have an inhouse email server you can scan to email with either controller. The Fiery can also scan to its HardDiskDrive, in which case you would use the Fiery Remote Scan program to pull the scans to your computer. The embedded controller would allow scan to FTP as well.

captain1976
10-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi Buster,

The controller is the fiery and yes I know that it can scan to the HD and the computer, but I have no instructions on how do it. It says to refer to the print control manual which I do not have and cant find it online as a download.

Thanks

buster68
10-06-2009, 08:58 PM
This should give you some idea how to set it up. One of my coworkers wrote this up. Hope it helps.

captain1976
10-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi Buster.

I already have the print controller to the network and can print to it. The problem is that if I put a document on the glass to scan to the computer, there is no information in the destination areas and I need to know how to put them in.

Thanks

RRodgers
10-07-2009, 04:01 AM
You need the program called "Fiery Remote scan" software to get the scans off the fiery.

Or... you can put the IP in your browser and you can pull it off from there. (I believe I haven't done it in years) Click on the web tools icon that is on your browser.

Custom Search