PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7165/IP-511 Color PDF's

Custom Search

DallasTech
02-08-2007, 03:35 PM
I am trying to print color PDF's on a PCL version of the IP-511. They come out with a dark background and the image isn't right. If it's a black and white PDF, it's prints fine. I tried a new driver and it made it worse. This is also using Adobe Reader 7.0.9 and Windows XP. One of the test files I was using was a color version of the Windows Test Page that was scanned as a color PDF. You think switching to a PS board would solve this?

nillane
02-08-2007, 04:41 PM
If the Konica 7165 aint boosted up with a 256mb memory module...the scan option and PDF functions do not work to full potential. I have the name of a great place that has memory for sale for the 7165...same company that sells to Konica minolta....let me know

TonerMonkey
02-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Since Abobe created both PDF format and Postscript you couldn't go wrong with the PS option and I'd bet a year's wages that it'd cure your PDF printing problem.

(I get paid $2.19 per year):)

But yeah, PostScript will cure your problem.

DallasTech
02-12-2007, 04:01 PM
I finally figured out that they were printing directly from Adobe Indesign and the file size was between 60-150mb. Something about PDF's were messing the margins up, so they had to print directly from Adobe Indesign. I told the customer that she was out of luck if she didn't like the speed. There was nothing anyone could do about printing a file that size.

Also, their IT guy set the printer up as an IPP printer for some odd reason. Set it to LPR and it's working like a charm, still a little slow on the monsterous files, but that's how it is. Thanks for the suggestions.

Custom Search