PDA

View Full Version : C353 remove original on glass message

Custom Search

emujo
10-08-2009, 10:08 PM
C353 w 125K latest firmware, size detect, 20 degree and open/closed sensor check in test mode. Place original in ADF and LCD displays "original left on glass". Raise ADF enough to trigger the open/close reed switch and message goes away. Open/close ADF again and message is back. Cleaned all optics, ran original size detect adjust and all passed, 2nd (optional) size detect not installed. I'm going with size detect sensors 1st, but thought I'd get some feedback from the forum. Thanks EMUjo

copyking
10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi,
Had the same problem with a C451. I solved the problem by pushing the adf to the right (the adf wasnt in line with the rest of the machine) you have to push quite "hard" to notice any difference....

Henke

mabawser
10-09-2009, 03:43 PM
same fault with a C550 which was pretty new! I moved the feeder using the skew adjust or the right rear df hinge and after a bit of moving one way then a bit more, bit more, eventually got it spot on!!

Would try adjusting your feeder.

emujo
10-09-2009, 03:43 PM
I noticed the feeder was not quite aligned correctly (skew) but I used the adjusting screw under the right hinge to square it up. Should I just try to torque it by brute force and put the hinge adjustment back where it was? EMujo

copyking
10-09-2009, 03:50 PM
brute force!

kingarthur
10-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Brute force ? oh you must mean a "technical adjustment" :)

fishleg
10-10-2009, 08:29 AM
I've seen this one a fair few times people lift the dock feeder up wrong when installing it on the machine so instead of picking it up length ways they pick it up the flimsy width way and bend the plastic.

If you look at the machine you'll probably find that the front right corner is bent so when it shuts it doesn't quite become flush with the machine. All we do is bend it back in place works fine little magnet sensor under the cover.

emujo
10-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Just an FYI...If I had bothered looking, I would have noticed the MFP was mis reading the original size from the glass. Turned out to be a bad CCD. Replaced CCD and problem resolved. EMujo

Setright
10-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Oh, okay, not the conclusion I was expecting. Glad you got it sorted :D

I have seen this a number of times, and concur with the prime idead to adjust the postioning of the ADF.
When you have this problem, look at the double contact near the right rear hinge. Watch closely as the lid goes down....the contact closes on the way down, but that angled plastic block in the lid moves forward and the switch actually opens again as the ADF lid comes down to horizontal!

Custom Search