PDA

View Full Version : Canon ir 7095 Slows down at times

Custom Search

bobbym2754
10-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Canon ir 7095 slows down copy speed at times. Is this because it is running copy process update? If so how often does it do this. User would like to know.

davidj7
10-26-2009, 01:30 PM
i am experiencing similar problems. One thing I noticed was in the job status , intermittently the job is shown as "error" and then it slows. Does it shows the same status on your machine.btw my machine is iR105

bobbym2754
10-26-2009, 02:20 PM
No error message, just not operating at full speed.

SCREWTAPE
10-29-2009, 04:25 AM
No error message, just not operating at full speed.
Hey bobby you should've posted this thread in the canon forum.
Does this happen when you print or copy or both?

davidj7
10-29-2009, 05:35 AM
happened to me in both

SCREWTAPE
10-29-2009, 01:19 PM
happened to me in both
At what point. If you can remember when this down sequence occurs, are these long jobs. Are you there just counting how many copies come out within that minute?

D_L_P
10-29-2009, 01:27 PM
I have seen the printing slow and showing "error" in the job status before. Copy jobs would run fine, print jobs would print a few, hang, print some more, hang, etc.. It was a problem with their network and the huge excel file they were printing.

But as far as copying slow I would lean toward process control being an issue also.

Once though, I had a similar problem in an NP6085. Customer complained about "running slow", which I couldn't duplicate or fix for a few months. Then I had a intermittent fuser code which turned out to be a crack in one of the ceramic ends on the sub-heater lamp in the fuser (whole other story banging my head against a wall).
I think the lamp also fixed their running slow issue because that went away. I'm guessing that with the high volume they did the fuser temp kept dropping enough to stop the macine to recover, but not enough to throw a code(?).

davidj7
10-29-2009, 02:07 PM
my problem was the feeder unit connector pins were loosing contact with the machine side connector pins. I was printing multiple copies of pdf then.Machines were run 24/7 for a month, phew

bobbym2754
10-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Sorry... Next time I'll post on the Canon forum.. I've only noticed it on the copy run.. but it could be happening on both... The machine will make several long copy jobs at regular speed.. then all of a sudden it just decides to run at like half speed... No error message... seems like something is going on in the background that i'm not aware of.

SCREWTAPE
10-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Sorry... Next time I'll post on the Canon forum.. I've only noticed it on the copy run.. but it could be happening on both... The machine will make several long copy jobs at regular speed.. then all of a sudden it just decides to run at like half speed... No error message... seems like something is going on in the background that I'm not aware of.
This is normal. While doing longs runs the fixing ass'y drops temperature very slightly so that overheating will not occur. Design feature for performance.

20YRSEXP
11-02-2009, 03:14 PM
This can be especially evident if you are running 11x17. The large paper sucks the heat out of the fixing unit, but it will usually slow down and then pick back up for a while. Is this happening during 2 sided or single also? If it is only during two sided check that copier>option>ACC>Coin is set to "0"

bobbym2754
11-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanx for the info... I will inform the customer.... and that's that....

Custom Search